“SUNDAY LUNCH!”
Review of The Tullie Inn

The Tullie Inn
Ranked #5 of 25 Restaurants in Balloch
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed September 25, 2012

My family and i were out for a run last sunday and popped into the The Tullie Inn.. the restaurant was large and excellent for families and as we had a my son with us, who is a wheelchair user, this was a huge plus.. We ordered of their special offer menu.. which was 2 courses and a glass of wine for £10.95 i think... No complaints at all.. The portion size of each course was more than enough.. and the service was fantastic.. would certainly go back and would recommend to anyone who is looking for a good hearty meal, served in a relaxed, casual environment..

TullieInn, Sales Coordinator at The Tullie Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2012

Thank you for your review. We are delighted you enjoyed your lunch. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Maclay Inns

Write a ReviewReviews (1,028)

Reviewed September 22, 2012

very busy had no booking staff very good got us a table very quickly food delicious defo go back nice atmosphere very relaxed

Good Morning, We are delighted you enjoyed your visit & look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed September 18, 2012

Have been here several times over the years and visited on Wednesday August 15th with my two daughters aged 12 and 14. As I approached the bar the barman (John) scowled at us and said children only admitted if eating. We thanked him and left but returned a few minutes later as we decided to eat. When it was my turn to be served at the bar John said "I'll just be two minutes" and disappeared without serving us. Five minutes later another barman served us and apologised for the price of the Peroni (£5.10!!!). We were shown to a table and after about ten minutes John appeared to take our order. 35 minutes later he returned bringing starters and main courses together. When I complained he offered to take the mains away (including burnt pizza) but I asked him to leave the food as we had waited too long already. He gestured to take the food away again so I asked him again just to leave it and to leave us alone. He then said he would rather we left and took the food away. Two young girls left staggered by the worst display of customer service they had ever seen and I have to say I cant remember being treated so badly.

2  Thank Dfuncan

I would like to apologise for your experience as this is not acceptable. We have now improved on our customer service. I hope this doesnt put you off visiting us again in the future.

Reviewed September 16, 2012

food was superb, & service was great, they even have a water bowl outside for dogs. just a good atmosphere.

TullieInn, Sales Coordinator at The Tullie Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2012

Thank you for your kind review. We look forward to welcoming you & your dog back in the future.

Reviewed September 9, 2012

as a "local" this place has gone downhill very quickly over a long period of time, used to eat here a lot as i thought it was good value for money and always had good service however over recent times my opinion has changed
first time i thought this place aint what it used to be, was a private function with my family who were over from oz, there was quite a few people there and some with kids, now i know about the licensing laws but as a private function this changes slightly, we were all there for a meal and has my birthday fell on that time it was a joint celebration, after a certain time a man who i believe to be the manager asked us very rudely and abruptly to leave as the children were there clearly for the laws, when someone stated that it was a private funcation and the rules change slightly he stormed off in a huff and said you have one hour!! totally lack of customer service, and when i asked to speak to someone else in charge he said whats your problem i have given you an hour extra!! i stated yes and thank you but your manner is shocking.
we quickly left after that and i have never returned to my one time favourite place

2  Thank lelly101980
TullieInn, Sales Coordinator at The Tullie Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2012

Good Afternoon. I would like to apologise for your experience. I would be very grateful if you could email myself letting me know when you dined with us & who spoke to you in a manner that is totally unacceptable to us so I can investigate this matter further.
Email tullieinn@maclay.co.uk