“Disappointing food, good room”
Review of The Waterhouse Inn

The Waterhouse Inn
The Waterhouse Inn
Ranked #12 of 24 Balloch B&B and Inns
Dundee
“Disappointing food, good room”
Reviewed May 25, 2014

Stayed 1 night for business. Strange hotel, as doesn't serve breakfast until 9 and we had to away before then. They did offer a continental breakfast to be left at our room. Worst breakfast of my life. Cardboard cornflakes, warm milk, garlic tinged croissant, and out of date yoghurt. To make matters worse, had to ring doorbell for 5 minutes, the had to bang on window to get attention. Even worse, have e mailed the WAterhouse twice now, and they have not had the courtesy to reply. Such a shame, as the rooms are very nice, clean and modern. Won't stay again, and will strongly recommend friends and clients who have previously used it, to stay elsewhere.

Room Tip: Don't eat at this hotel
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank gill9796

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 13, 2014

We stayed at the Waterhouse in for two days for family wedding.

We received a very warm welcome, the room was completely spotless and well equipped (I loved that there were extra pillows in the wardrobe so we didn't have to ask!) and breakfast was an utter delight thanks to excellent service and very tasty food!

I am also glad that it was extremely easy to come as go as we pleased, they provide you with key to the guest entrance, as wedding celebrations can go on a little bit and we didn't want to disturb anyone.

Excellent value for money as the breakfast was included (unlike some chain hotels nearby!) and really handy for events taking place on the shores of the Loch.

My only disappointment was that we couldn't stay for lunch, the menu looked great!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Lanarkshire
Reviewed March 23, 2014

Visited The Waterhouse last year on a day trip to Balloch & enjoyed the meal that was served, so decided to make a return visit this year. The meal was every bit as good as it was previously & was served by pleasant attentive waitresses who made our visit most enjoyable.
The downside of my visit was the prices charged for soft-drinks for my grandchildren & myself which I feel was over the top for a sodawater & blackcurrant. Put that to the side & I wouldn't hesitate in recommending a visit here to my friends if in the area.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Krustee
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 14, 2014

Stayed weekend of Fri 21st Feb '14 - Sun 23rd Feb '14. Really nice place, anyone looking for somewhere to stay in Loch Lomond - look no further! Can't recommend highly enough!
Excellent value for money!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Airdrie, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 9, 2014

We did not stay in the inn but popped in for a bite to eat, as we were just out for the day and ended up in Ballach. The food was amazing and great value and the service was excellent. I was so impressed I have decided to book for a weekend break which I am looking forward to. So will let you know what I think of the Inn once I have stayed, but so far it gets a 5 from me.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Fayebears
Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

I recently stayed for a little over a week at the Water. House Inn and was so very pleased with my experience. The staff is incredibly friendly and accomodating. By the 4th night we already felt like family!

I had the full breakfast every morning and now that I'm home, I find myself missing it. We had lunch and dinner a couple times as well, all delicious.

The inn is a quick easy walk to the train station. From there Glasgow and Edinburg are one and two hour train rides, respectively. Balloch itself is a lovely town with a few gems of restaurants.

My only complaint at the Water House was that the bed was a bit lumpy. Everything else, from the check-in experience to the day I checked out, was grand. If I ever find myself in that region of Scotland again, I won't hesitate to stay at the Water House.

• Stayed November 2013
Reviewed September 10, 2013 via mobile

The Waterhouse does not have a car park but there is Free parking over the road. We were not by a girl with a nice smile & warm welcome.
The room was large with a double bed & single however the bed was very soft. Both bedroom & bathroom were clean.
Breakfast was disappointing with low quality coffee and no fresh mild only small jiggers of UHT. No fruit or cereal. I opted for the full Scottish but asked for a poached egg instead of fried. Was informed I could not, on asking why was told they did not have enough rings on the cooker! That was a new one on me

• Stayed September 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Balloch
Cameron House on Loch Lomond
#18 of 24 in Balloch
Tullie Inn
Tullie Inn
#14 of 24 in Balloch

Been to The Waterhouse Inn? Share your experiences!