“A very warm welcome”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Balloch
Tigh-na-Roune Guest House
Ranked #21 of 26 Balloch B&B and Inns
England, UK
“A very warm welcome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2011

We had a very warm welcome from Nan for one night in her lovely house. The bedroom and bathroom were beautifully set out and although it was a very quiet part of town, it was only a ten minute walk or so to various eating places. There is lots to see and do in the area - worth a return journey and we would definitely stay at Tigh na Roune again!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends

Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2011

I stayed here on the 27th May for a good friend's wedding at a nearby hotel. From the moment I enquired into making a booking I could not have been more impressed with the service and friendliness of this amazing couple. They could not have been more helpful, and I cannot thank them enough for giving me such a warm welcome into their home. Not only did they kindly have my room ready for me to check in early, but they also give me a lift to the hotel where the wedding was taking place, and had no issue whatsoever with me returning in the early hours of the morning. I almost felt like part of the family! My double room with en-suite was immaculate, the bed beautifully comfortable and the small touches like the kettle full and ready for boiling were greatly appreciated. Breakfast was delicious and with a good selection to choose from. I could thank Nan and her husband enough for giving me such a pleasant stay, in such an ideal location.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank ScotsLass1984
Dunfermline, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2011

The scenery is stunning and location excellent for Balloch / Loch Lommond / Dumbarton. However these qualities pale into insignificance compared to the hospitality and service given by the owners. Beware, the breakfast could be bad for the waisteline if you take the full monty! I'll be back as one famous actor put it! Geoff

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
Peterhead, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2011

Would highly recommend staying at Tigh-na-Roune Guest House. Hosts were excellent and couldnt have been more helpful. Genuinely nice people We only stayyed for the one night but would definetly stay there again if we were in the area

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Elgin, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2011

Our whole family, 2 sons with partners , daughter and my wife and I stayed at this wonderful bed and breakfast on Saterday 9th April. Great sized rooms with wonderful comfy beds and very smart ensuite facilities. The breakfast was superb, and our hosts very attentive,all in all a very good experience and would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2010

This was a wonderful place to stay as we explored the loch lomond area by bike and on foot. The hosts were incredibly generous and warm. Nan surprised us with sandwiches to bring on our walk, and they also had an excellent selection of DVDs for a quiet night in.

It's just a 10 minute walk (or 5 minute bike) to the town centre restaurants, and even closer to Balloch castle.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
adelaide
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2010

Owner was friendly and welcoming. The room was quite small and cramped for two people with reasonably large suite case each. Quite a walk to eat so we chose to drive. Probably be alright on a nice sunny day however this is Scotland.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Balloch
Cameron House on Loch Lomond
#4 of 26 in Balloch
Glenfern Guest House
Glenfern Guest House
#6 of 26 in Balloch

Been to Tigh-na-Roune Guest House? Share your experiences!