“Two previous visits & gave it one last chance. Never again! Please avoid if you want value for money!”

The Boat House at Cameron House
Ranked #8 of 25 Restaurants in Balloch
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed June 18, 2014

Hi, decided to give Boat House one last chance after two previous poor experiences.
Please take my advice & avoid this establishment. Tedious, lazy & useless staff with bad attitudes. Was not made to feel welcome at door to start with. Taken to a table smeared with dirt & grime. Only 4 tables covered & they still managed to take drinks to wrong tables & got a simple meal order request wrong. The staff have no passion for their job role. It costs nothing to greet the customer in a friendly, cheerful manner, making sure to make eye contact and smile. Always be courteous to customers, going out your way to meet their needs.
Sadly none of the above was demonstrated.
The Boat House is poorly managed by a amateur manageress.
May I also add it was a stunning day & the location is perfect for the warm weather & only 4 tables had been occupied. I think that says it all! If the Boat House had been run professionally it would of been full.
Over priced food for basic food & service.

6  Thank Simone M
There are newer reviews for The Boat House at Cameron House

Reviewed June 18, 2014

Had dinner here and had poor service, ordered soup no bread offered or came with the soup, ordered tap water, none came,
Then charged 10 percent service charge which I struck off as I thought it was not deserved, overall the food and drink is expensive.
I would not return here as my experience was poor service and not value for money

2  Thank RealityCheck2013
Reviewed June 16, 2014

Expensive but good service, good quality food and large portions, no room left for dessert! Ambience was very nice, relaxed and not noisy but not stuffy.

Reviewed June 15, 2014

Have just returned from lunch at the Boathouse which was such a disappointment I felt compelled to write a review. The service was awful- on 3 separate occasions I had to approach staff to ask for service. The waiting staff are clearly lacking in training, delivering drinks and leaving all the empty glasses on the table, serving sharing mezze without plates to eat from for example. The food was OK but really nothing special given the prices. It's a shame because the location is lovely but I will not be back unless I hear of drastic changes in management and food quality.

Reviewed June 9, 2014

This was a return visit to Cameron House after a disappointing stay last month. We ate at the. boathouse and well they did a fab job. We had young waitress and she delivered a first class service, just the right amount detail. Well done wish I had her name but sadly I forgot . I had the terrine for starter and the chicken parmigiana for main both very good. We shared the boathouse knickerbocker glory all very nice and finished of with the very berry mocktail.

1  Thank marymac13