“Relaxing and enjoyable”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 18, 2013

with its lovely setting, and relaxed atmosphere, there is nothing better than having a relaxing Sunday lunch here. Great seafood (esp the oysters) and wines.
Only fault (with my last visit) is the service was okay, but staff could've been slightly more on the ball, with having to ask more than once and then twice for vinegar and then I gave up -I never got it..

1  Thank Carol Y

Reviewed January 8, 2013

On our way to Lodge on Loch Lomond, we stopped at The Boat House for lunch. The views of the boats right outside were excellent. We ate in the lounge\fish bar and had a table at the window which was great. After our lunch (yummy big bucket of mussels and crispy fish & chips for hubby) we sat on a comfy sofa in front of the roaring fire and we could have happily spent the rest of the day there. The design,the colours and the 'nik-naks' are totally spot on in creating the right atmosphere.We were served by 2 members of staff, one chap in black with glasses who was excellent and the other in a stripey rugby shirt and spikey hair was very serious, dour and ignored me for a good 10 mins at the bar. I appreciate that he was preparing a tray of drinks for the other room but it would have been nice service to have been acknowledged. I was eventually served by another staff member. A little extra training in good customer service would have made this occasion perfect! We'll definitely be back.

Reviewed December 29, 2012

We have been staying in the area for a week. We admired the Boat House early on and decided we would dine there before we left. Saturday lunch, 12.30 arrival. There seemed to be a wedding party in the restaurant but no signs saying the bar area was closed. So we waited at the door and waited, waited, then decided to choose a table. So we sat and waited , waited , then walked to the bar to work out if it was table or bar service.

They seemed so understaffed at this point, a young lad out of his depth with no one to help. Apparently menus will come. So we waited, waited and waited. I guess we realised this wasn't going to be the experience we thought, so we left.

We then drove 10 mins down the road to Luss and what a difference . Incredible food and service. And more importantly , acknowledging every single person that walked through the door, as we were by the door.

I didn't want to accept the bad reviews for The Boat House, but we came, we waited to spend and we left .

Reviewed December 26, 2012

From the moment we walked in the door of the Boat House, we felt right at home. The management and staff were first class and nothing was too much trouble for them. We are already thinking of returning next year. Well done

Reviewed December 26, 2012

...unless you like paying top dollar for cold food, in the company of noisy misbehaving brats beating with knives on plates who are controlled neither by indulgent parents nor timid management.

I took my wife there on Saturday for our anniversary dinner. The seared swordfish I chose I had to send back twice - the same piece of fish, note - because it was unseared and cold. This meant we were badly out of sync, and I eventually ate my rechosen and warm sea bream as she stared disconsolately at her half-finished plate of indifferent and cloying gnocchi.

In between I had been informed that the chef considered the swordfish to be perfectly acceptable and at the correct temperature. Another Ramsey wannabe with delusions of grandeur, obviously.

The noisy children were chorus to our misery. We had complained politely and quietly earlier and asked the staff to intervene, but were told by the waitress that although there had been previous complaints the manager did not really want to speak to the parents. The clientele of the lochside lodges at the Cameron House complex have a lot to answer for when it comes to plummeting standards.

For the privilege of having our anniversary dinner ruined we were given 20% discount by the manager.

The Boat House is a joke, a fact confirmed by a friend and former senior manager at Cameron House over drinks the following evening. It used to be a magnificent establishment. Members at the Carrick Spa would wholeheartedly confirm that the whole De Vere management on Loch Lomondside now needs a severe and urgent boot in the haw-maws.

1  Thank Mungo M