“Best meal ive had in ages”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Lochside - CLOSED

The Lochside
Cuisines: British, Scottish
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: The Lochside Restaurant is situated in Balloch on Loch Lomond, amidst some of the the finest Scenery in Central Scotland.Our Chefs’ prepare the finest local ingredients to offer a varied menu of delicious foods all cooked fresh everyday!
glasgow
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best meal ive had in ages”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

Myself and my partner came here on Hogmanay for dinner, and the food was very good with large portions, didnt want my main meal to end, it was that good!! Will be back again.

1 Thank ssham07

London, United Kingdom
“This Surprising Place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2013

On a rainy Saturday afternoon we came across this place and from the outside we thought this would be a run of the mill cafe/restaurant. How wrong we were.

We were greeted with a smile and sat down promptly to then make one of the hardest decisions I have had to make in a long time.....what to have to not just as a starter, but main course as well. It was that hard to choose that people made deals with each other along the lines of; if I get this, then you get that and we can share.

The portions are hearty but above all it's very tasty food. Everyone was swapping and each dish was superb with the flavours well balanced.

The dinner was very well priced and we were quite surprised by the final bill as we thought it would be much more.

A must if you are in the area, the black pudding and haggis bon, bons are well worth having.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Would you like some meat with that salt”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2013

After reading all the reviews and being a local I was keen to visit The Lochside for some festive cheer. We had the Christmas menu. The choice looked good and appetising, the results were not. The pate looked shop bought, the sorbet tasted like plastic, the turkey just tasted of salt, the medium steak was well done and the Christmas pudding was microwaved to make it more like a rubber ball. To top it all off the place was so hot that we needed the front door open to try to cool down. Service was good but my husbands food allergy was not taken into account very well. I have spent £75 on a meal for two in other restaurants both locally and in Glasgow that have resulted in a more enjoyable night out. Very disappointing and despite it being on my door step, we won't be back.

• Visited December 2013
“good food,good location & friendly service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2013

My partner and I popped in to the lochside after reading the good reviews on tripadvisor, and I must say we were not disappointed. We were greeted by a very pleasant young lady who offered us free choice of were to sit promptly followed by getting our drinks order. The menu is simple with plenty to choose from. Both my partner and I had the nachos to start followed by a main of burger and fries for myself, fish and chips for the other half. Both meals were delicious and the plates sent back cleared. We didn't feel rushed at all and the staff were very tentative. We were pleasantly surprised at the bill £30.00 for the meals, 2 local beers and a large glass of wine. We will definitely be returning to the lochside again and would recommend it!

“Decent little place. ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

Me and the girl came up this way to watch a film on the car drive thru and had a few hours to spare. I looked up places to eat using the TripAdvisor app came across this place and decided to give it a try. The place is a good wee size and the menu is 2 courses for 13.50 or near enough to that. Lots of choice on the set menu I chose the polenta balls to start with and for main I chose the fish. Both excellent and very tasty. Would recommend it. As im writing this review I've decided to stay for coffee, which never happens as I'm a tight get haha. Just kidding! But go to this place well worth it, the staff are friendly and the atmosphere is chilled with Christmas songs in the background. Brilliant.