“fantastic food”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Lochside - CLOSED

The Lochside
Cuisines: British, Scottish
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Lunch, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: The Lochside Restaurant is situated in Balloch on Loch Lomond, amidst some of the the finest Scenery in Central Scotland.Our Chefs’ prepare the finest local ingredients to offer a varied menu of delicious foods all cooked fresh everyday!
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“fantastic food”
Reviewed November 30, 2013

Went for lunch today with a friend food was fantastic service fab even all though they were busy price is very good portions fab will be back soon

• Visited November 2013

“Which restaurant runs out of chicken?!”
Reviewed November 27, 2013 via mobile

Very quiet Wednesday early evening when we went on way back from day out after reading the great reviews on here! Suggested it was tapas night but only after I asked about it was I told I could have a look now that I had asked as they don't offer it until 5.30, it was 5. Thought I'd better not just incase it got the waitress into trouble so went for the breadcrumbed chicken burger to be told it's no longer breadcrumbed and just the fillet burger, no problem I still fancied it. A few mins later waitress comes back to say they don't have any chicken and I need to pick something else, so feeling under pressure as she was standing waiting for my decision I plumped for the salmon which was very bland. To be fair to the waitress she kept coming over and checking everything was ok. Partners venison sausage and mash was ok but nothing to write home about and for him the portion was tiny. Sorry, but I wouldn't eat here again.

1 Thank sutie76
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Great Value”
Reviewed November 20, 2013

We had a lovely meal at this restaurant before going to see the "Sunshine on Leith" film night at the Sealife Centre. Great night all round. Staff very pleasant, service excellent and thoroughly enjoyed the food and wine. Such generous helpings couldn't manage a pudding.

1 Thank Rae969
Alexandria, Scotland, United Kingdom
“The best food in BALLOCH! *fact!”
Reviewed November 19, 2013

I was a bit apprehensive trying this restaurant as I loved it before it was taken over by the new owner. I'm so glad I did! The food it 'out of this world!'. I have been 3 times now and can't wait to go back. Got my parents vouchers and they said its the nicest food they have tasted! Very reasonable prices £9.99-£12.99 2/3 course and also have a larger menu. You have to give this place a try :)...you'll love it!

• Visited October 2013
west dumbartonshire
“TAPAS WEDNESDAY AT LOCHSIDE”
Reviewed November 14, 2013

Went to lochside to try there tapas wednesday night wasnt disappointed food was lovely and well presented Have tried lots of tapas this was the best . owner john is very nice and staff are very helpful .Will be back soon