“The best restaurant in Balloch”
Review of The Lochside - CLOSED

The Lochside
Cuisines: British
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Lochside Restaurant is situated in Balloch on Loch Lomond, amidst some of the the finest Scenery in Central Scotland.Our Chefs’ prepare the finest local ingredients to offer a varied menu of delicious foods all cooked fresh everyday!
Balloch, United Kingdom
“The best restaurant in Balloch”
Reviewed April 20, 2013

As a regular visitor to Balloch, a recent visit to the Lochside was once more a great experience. The staff are friendly and the owner is always in the restaurant. The food is freshly cooked to order and is tremendous value. I would particularly recommend the fish & chips which is amazing. I have tried the newly refurbished Tukkie and the long established Balloch Hotel but the Lochside is far nicer, friendlier and consistently delivers good food.
A must if you are only visiting Balloch and want good food in friendly surroundings.

Aboyne, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The place to go”
Reviewed April 13, 2013

We visited this restaurant on route to the airport and I would advise anyone flying out from Glasgow to eat here, much better than a lot of Airport Hotels.

Balloch is a tourist area so if you are visiting, this is the place to go. We had a warm welcome from the owner John Hughes, excellent menus, very well priced and quality of food is very good. Price and quality of wine by the glass is exceptional. A big plus for me was the food and plates were warm which added to the eating experience, service second to none.

We will return any time we visit friends in Balloch and also when we fly from Glasgow.

We wish him every success for the coming season

Alexandria, Scotland
“Tapas”
Reviewed April 12, 2013

Second time at this restaurant now and as we visited on a Wednesday discovered it was Tapas night. We had six Tapas between two and found this to be more than enough.The pick of the Tapas in our opinion was the meatballs. There was a special on which consisted of five Tapas and two glasses of wine which was very reasonable, however you had to take one fish Tapas which did not suit my wife or myself. The bill for the night was extremely reasonable and once again would have no hesitation in recommending this eaterie.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Aaykay
Loch Lomond
“Great Value and Service”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We revisited the Lochside last week for lunch and it was great. The menu has been adjusted and the special lunch menu was excellent VFM at £9.95 for two courses. The choice on the specials menu was als impressive. I had the soup of the day, which was potato and leek ... very nice. I then had Harissa chicken with chorizo potatoes. It was a large helping - very tasty! Our party also had the salmon on a bed of risotto. I am not normally a fan of risotto but this has me converted. Delicious!

The service was attentive and efficient. I need to back soon to try their main menu but this place is definitely moving in the right direction. It is a welcome addition to the Balloch restaurant scene, which really needs a place that serves good value food of this standard.

Note that their own website is out of date. The menus are now different from what they are showing.

1 Thank Alex_Andraya
“Amazing - must try”
Reviewed March 29, 2013

Have eaten here now a number of times and the place has never failed to impress us. I was not a fan of the previous menus from Sarti etc but the food now is fantastic.

We would certainly recommend The Lochside for a great meal out.