“Forever returning”
Review of Balloch Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Balloch
Balloch Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Balloch
Reviewed September 14, 2013

Have stopped here many a time while traveling through and every time i do i just have to have something to eat here even if it's just for a bowl of their lovely soup which is very moreish...Never let's me down.
The food is typical British food well presented and the price is reasonable.
I have tried a number of times to book an over night room but every time i try it is always full...Which gives you an idea of how good this place is.
Eventually i did manage to get a room for the night in yearly September of this year and i must say i wasn't disappointed.
The Manager explained to me that room 2 was his favorite as it was quirky ...Not sure if he says this about all of the rooms, but he wasn't wrong as the floor sloped, but i found this rather amusing as it added character . The view from with windows...Yes there were 2, 1 window facing out onto the water with all the boats and the other to the side of the building facing the car park but also the water.

I had lunch, dinner and breakfast and i must say i was not disappointed...I could not fault in anything even the staff were very helpful, friendly and welcoming.

I will defiantly be back...Even if it's just to grab a bite to eat

Room Tip: "Corner suites are large and sunny" You must to try their soup if that is all you can man...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Balloch Hotel

Reviewed September 5, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights at the end of August. On first appearances the hotel looks lovely and its in a fantastic location. Car parking was good, but non customers were using too, so it was often tight to get in which was a shame. I didn't see a sign to say non customers couldn't use it. When we walked in the bar area is very inviting once we got past a member of the staff smoking in the door way - as a non smoker I didn't want to breath in that if I'm honest - this needs to change as can be off putting. However the staff were friendly but the bar is often un manned so its sometimes a battle to get someone to serve you. The bar also doubles up as the reception area, which isn't great especially when maybe you want a loo roll and the whole of the bar can see you and what your asking for! We had a drink whilst we were waiting to check in and whilst the bar is lovely and cosy it needs a good clean, especially the mucky candle holders on the table which didn't look great. We were given our key and weren't offered any help with our bags, again these little extras make all the difference. The room was smaller than I imagined but ok still, the furniture was good quality too and with a new carpet it seemed we thought it was good value for the money. However the bathroom was a different story, I found hairs in the shower tray and around the floor near the skirting board - this hadn't been cleaned in a while. Also the paint was peeling off in the bathroom, which you don't expect. I like a fresh, bright and clean bathroom but this wasn't the case. My husband doesn't like fuss, so I decided to clean away myself and carry on with our holiday. The bed was lumpy too and we didn't sleep very well. Whether if you upgrade rooms you get something a little better I don't know, but it seemed they had made some effort with the room but had stopped halfway which is a real shame. On a plus point, we had dinner that evening in the restaurant and it was excellent and couldn't fault it. The breakfast however was a different story. It was supposed to be continental but this wasn't continental as there was no ham and cheese for example and I had to ask for Croissants... They need to relook at breakfast and up their game if they continue to not offer a cooked breakfast as part of the package. Overall we decided if we were going to stay in the area again we wouldn't stay here but would eat dinner here as that was excellent. Come on Balloch House you have such a good location you need to make the changes and make this the place I know it could be!

Room Tip: Upgrade in the hope you get something better than we did!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Mrsmac28
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Spent two nights here during the folk festival. Clean and basic, staff pleasant and helpful.
Shower was a bit 'hot and cold' but not dangerously so. We had a room facing the main road so there was some noise from passing drunks in the early hours on the Saturday night, even with the window closed. Continental breakfast was plentiful but the cooked breakfast was not inclusive and incurred an extra charge- I feel that this should be part of the £75 charge.

Overall good basic accommodation and good value, apart from the additional charge for a cooked breakfast

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Eveline M
Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

Went here for a birthday dinner, good solid food as you'd expect for such a venue! Value for money, service came with banter from the waitress (not too much but enough to make us laugh and feel relaxed) great value for money... Will be back!

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Staff were quite welcoming and we stayed overnight. Service was good and the meal was good even though a bit expensive for what you get. Room was very average for 80 pounds (AUD $145+). All the basics but what's with the UK and double beds? Very few places had queen beds let alone a king size. Well cooked meals and served with a smile. Not really recommended for bikers as the car park is gravel and parking isn't secure. Cameras over the car park but wouldn't stop anyone determined to pinch your bike.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jenz64
Reviewed June 29, 2013

visited this gem of a restaurant at the Balloch House Hotel,with my wife and daughter for a terrific lunch on sat 29th June,meals were excellent ,well presented and very reasonably priced.just arrived without booking and got a table immediately, staff were lovely,friendly, and very welcoming, great atmosphere and quick service.
good decor and spotless toilets,beautiful location beside Loch Lomond.
intend making a return visit very soon,would like to try an overnight stay
well done to staff and management

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 16, 2013

If in Balloch, look no further.

We stayed here for a week last August. Great pub inside with fantastic deck outside for full pub and food service to enjoy the evening sun aside the River Levan - but when the sun comes out, as it will from time to time, get there fast as the place fills up real quick!!

Clean rooms, polite accomodating staff, excellent buffet breakfast and yes, free internet service that works.

No fitness centre, but you are right on the path of Balloch Caslte, you can walk or job the beautiful grounds which are well maintianed (mostly open field, mowed), run and take a swim in the Loch if you must, and bump into almost no one while doing so. Extraordinary!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Balloch
Cameron House on Loch Lomond
#1 of 24 in Balloch
Lomond Park Hotel
Lomond Park Hotel
#22 of 24 in Balloch

Been to Balloch Hotel? Share your experiences!