“AWSOME!!!!!!!!”

Loch Lomond Boat Hire
Ranked #12 of 20 things to do in Balloch
More attraction details
Owner description: Enjoy a fantastic day out onboard our fleet of new self drive motor boats. Located at Loch Lomond Shores, Balloch on the Bonnie Banks of Loch Lomond (25 minutes by car from Glasgow Airport) we are ideally situated to explore the Loch and its many islands.
Reviewed August 1, 2014

Awsome! was how my 6 year old son described our afternoon Speed Boat Adventure! The helpfull and friendly staff gave us introduction on safety and supplied Life Jackets etc. We were given Map of Loch and advised to stay clear of the Shallow water but given instruction on what to do if we got stuck and had great time out on the Loch for a Sunny afternoon!

Highly recomended and we'll be back again!

Reviewed July 10, 2014

We spoke to Mark down at the boat hire and decided to give it a whirl. What a great way to see Loch Lomond!!

With my wife and 4 year old boy in tow, we were given first rate service by Mark who gave us all the instruction needed before setting off on our adventure. The fuel was topped up, the bits and pieces were all checked and demonstrated before departure. Nothing left to chance.

We went for three hours which was just enough to do some sightseeing and stop off at Inchmoan for a relax on the beach and a swim.

I highly recommend this experience and look for to returning for another trip very soon.

Reviewed July 8, 2014

We booked a 2hr sailing taster trip. The boat was great and we found the instructor, Mark, excellent and amusing company.

The scenery is just amazing and as powerboat owners ourselves, the tranquility and grace of being under sail had not been appreciated by us until now. Mark involved us in workings of the sails and also gave us a fascinating background on the loch.

You must ask him about the wallabies.

Highly recommended, the staff are all very friendly. I would use this company again, in fact we've booked again tomorrow.

Reviewed June 20, 2014

Just got back from a 4 hour hire. First impressions were a bit off putting (couldn't find them and then the visitors advice centre wasn't sure) arrived and found them working out of a cupcake van. The boat then needed to be fuelled up and checked etc..
After talking us through the do's, don'ts and "never ever ever do's" the chap then went to get the boat ready. They really stress the don't damage the propeller part and spent a fair bit if time telling you how to avoid it. At this stage I was thinking the worst.
We were then let free with the farewell of our 4 hours started from now, so much for my suspicious nature thinking they were trying to eat into my time :-) after a bit of a nervy start it was great. My better half thought I'd booked too long but on the return we struggled to get back. We stopped at inchchailloch island as suggested, what a beautiful place ( see separate review) , easy to dock, even if it did seem a little odd to leave a valuable asset tied up with a bit of rope. The boat supplied started up easily, was very stable and in good condition. Life jackets are supplied and there is a first aid kit held on board. You are given full contact details before you depart and a reassurance that they will come and get you if you get stuck ! My only tip is to try and remember how to get back, all the little islands start to look the same and if I'd been on my own I'd probably still be wandering around the loch until breakfast time. The lad that dealt with us was really friendly and helpful, sorry I can't remember his name, waist length hair and a beard if that helps ! Would thoroughly recommend. Loads of fun and a great way to see the area from another view.

2  Thank Lee-lee-lou
Lochlomondboathire, Manager at Loch Lomond Boat Hire, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2014

Hi and thanks for your review of Loch Lomond Boat Hire.

We aim to offer everyone a great and safe time on the Loch and really want our customers to experience the Loch in a way not possible by other means.

We are glad you enjoyed your visit and appreciate your praise for the team.

We would like to welcome you aboard in the future.

Have a great summer.

Reviewed February 18, 2014

I had booked an hours use of a powerboat as a treat for my boyfriend. We arrived and (16th feb) the guy who welcomed us and showed us how to use the boat was lovely. Very friendly and helpful. We had a little trouble getting the boat to start and he made sure everything was fine and assured us that as we were setting off late that we didn't need to take this time out of our hour. My boyfriend enjoyed speeding around the island nearby and we had some lovely views. Will be back in the summer for another go!

2  Thank claireabella85

Thanks for your review.

Your comments are important to all of us at Loch Lomond Boat Hire.

We aim to offer a different view of the stunning Loch and are glad you enjoyed your visit.

We would love to welcome you again in the future.