“If u think you've seen it all before... you've clearly not been here”

Loch Lomond Bird of Prey Centre
Ranked #5 of 20 things to do in Balloch
More attraction details
Owner description: Loch Lomond Bird of Prey Centre is located in a natural woodland. With purpose built housings, it is an ideal setting for nearly 40 Birds of Prey & Owls. The centre is home to over 20 Owls, representing every native species as well as unique or unusual species from other parts of the world. See "Orla", the magnificent Golden Eagle. And learn of our successes in rehabilitation of wild Birds of Prey & Owls. The education cabin provides a comfortable environment to learn about our residents. Full of information and displays of eggs, skulls and feathers. Children (and adults) can complete the quiz sheets or colour in sheets of our various birds. An educational day out for all ages, and a chance to relax in wonderful surroundings.
Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

Unique amazing centre.
with the most passionate staff and owner.
I really cant find words to do this place the justice it deserves.
A must visit .

in 41 reviews
"small attraction"
"the barn"
in 5 reviews
"really enjoyed our visit"
"amazing experience"
in 9 reviews
"would highly recommend a visit"
"worth a visit"
in 10 reviews
"great place to visit"
in 11 reviews

Reviewed December 15, 2013

We visited LLBOPC back in November 2013 . Firstly, Stewart picked us up from where we were staying in Loch lomond, which was a great start to the day, then took us on a tour around the centre. There are so many wonderful birds there, and the knowledge of the staff was excellent. We even got to hold the famous Orla! - A great day out, a day to remember, thank you Stewart for making the day fabulous! kelly & patrick

1  Thank kellycarey1978
Reviewed December 13, 2013

I have visited the old centre a few times, and was quite impressed with the facilities, and also the knowledge of and care given to the birds.

When Stewart announced that the centre was to be moving to their new home at Lomond Shores, into a purpose built facility, I and many others kept an eye on the planning and building through Stewart's updates on the Facebook page, and was impressed with what was being portrayed.

The centre had an official grand opening on the 9th of November, which I had the pleasure of attending, and brought along one of my teenage nephews (Stewart you have another convert!!)

The new place is set just off just to the left of the main carpark as you enter it, in amongst a small woodland, and as was the plan distrupts as little of the surrounding nature as possible, a gentle sloping pathway guides you round the centre, as you go from hut to hut, to gaze in wonder at these beautiful creatures.

As you will see, the work done by the whole team is of superb quality, each bird has ample living quarters, and the general feel of the place is warm and friendly, I personally find myself at peace at Loch Lomond, but there is something about this centre that eclipses even that......

The adjacent Lomond Shores has all visitors would require (food/toilet facilities, and shopping experiences)

I will be back again and again, and as I have won a meet the owls experience in the raffle at the opening day I will be able to get even closer with the animals.

I cannot wait!!!

1  Thank W_J_Smith
Reviewed November 23, 2013

I visited the old centre some time ago and decided to visit the new place last weekend with my grand children. What an unbelievable place! It is set in lovely woodland and the birds are clearly in their element. We were given a " guided" tour around the Centre by the enthusiastic staff and as we had been given wrist bands when we first went in, we could have gone back as many times as we wanted that day. Excellent value and well worth a visit.