“Found this gem by mistake”

Loch Lomond Bird of Prey Centre
Ranked #3 of 19 things to do in Balloch
More attraction details
Owner description: Loch Lomond Bird of Prey Centre is located in the natural woodland. With purpose built housings, it is an ideal setting for nearly 40 Birds of Prey & Owls. The centre is home to over 20 Owls, representing every native species as well as unique or unusual species from other parts of the world. See "Orla", the magnificent Golden Eagle. And learn of our successes in rehabilitation of wild Birds of Prey & Owls in conjunction with the Scottish SPCA. An educational day out for all ages, and a chance to relax in wonderful surroundings.
Bonnybridge, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Found this gem by mistake”
Reviewed November 18, 2013

On a trip to Lomond Shores we seen the signs for the centre and spent a few hours in the place...It is well laid out and the cages are spotless so the birds are being well cared for. On our trip around the place talking to all the staff we were amazed at the passion they all had for the place and the knowledge they had for each individual bird even down the birds moods Would recommend this place to anyone
Tickets seem to be valid all day we went back to photograph the birds when the sun moved round a bit

Cumbernauld, United Kingdom
“Family Fun All Day, Any Day”
Reviewed November 16, 2013

Took my two kids for the day to Loch Lomond Shores and stumble upon the new Bird of Prey Centre.
What a great day. weather wasn't to great so it certainly cheered everyone up.
Oscar the Barn Owl was my son's favourite, for me though Orla the Golden Eagle was spectacular.
So many fabulouse examples of the most beautiful creatures and so well cared for.
Great way to spend a day with the family.
And if it's not for Mum's they can go shopping as the rest of the family visit the centre.

“perfect family attraction”
Reviewed November 13, 2013

well worth a visit...entertaining & informative. ideal for kids. the venue is the perfect setting. wishing the new centre all the best.

Cardiff, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Amazing place , you can not see Loch Lomond without visiting”
Reviewed November 12, 2013

We have been visiting the centre every year (sometimes twice) for about 5 or 6 years and every time my husband has to drag me away. Stewart has affectionately (I hope) nick-named me 'the stalker'! The birds Stewart and his amazing team care for are healthy and well looked after. The star of the show is without a doubt Orla; a beautiful, graceful and powerful golden eagle, I am sure I am keeping the camera film people in business! Beside her ladyship you can see a range of beautiful small, medium and large owls as well as kestrels, falcons, hawks and buzzards and to be honest i can't choose a favourite amongst them ( although Birkita does make me giggle)
Unfortunately we were unable to attend the grand opening at their new site at Lomond Shores last week, but we will be there in April armed with yet another bucket load of film AND I will have to be dragged away yet again. I cannot tell you enough how amazing the centre is, it is well worth a visit - you wont regret it. Well done Stewart x

Visited August 2013
Bridge of Weir, Scotland, United Kingdom
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Loch Lomond Bird of Prey Centre - an absolute treat!”
Reviewed November 12, 2013

We visited for the Grand Opening last weekend and were blown away by the new premises. The birds all looked fantastic in their new homes and we even got up close and personal with Orla, the Golden Eagle!
Stewart Robertson and his team have worked so hard to get to this point and they deserve every credit for their achievements.
This is a must-visit destination if you are near Loch Lomond - you won't be disappointed!

1 Thank Rona_M_555