Tullie Inn
$132
$124
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Travelodge Helensburgh Seafront(Helensburgh)(Great Value!)
Travelocity
  • Beachfront
Loch Lomond Arms Hotel(Luss)(Great Value!)
$155
Orbitz.com
TripAdvisor
All reviewstunnocks tea cakesloch lomondan evening mealrailway stationhaggisnice decorbooked a tablelovely foodgreat mealcouldn't do enoughscampithe pubstayed for one nightovernight staylovely placegreat value for moneyconservatory
Reviewed August 22, 2013

i've just stayed 3 nights in the Tullie Inn, bed and breakfast and evening meal, absolutly no complaints at all. service was first class, staff very friendly, food was extremely good, room was fine. would not hessitate to stay again or recomend the place. i'll say no more !!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
TullieInn, General Manager at Tullie Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2013

What a wonderful review. We do hope you come back and visit us again soon.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

I travel all over scotland with work pop in to tullie inn for breakfast Friday morning on way to work 6.30ish and was told breakfast wasn't till 7am by Stephen but he told me to find a table and askt if I wanted tea or coffee very welcomeing place would recommend to anyone the big tullie breakfast recommend by Stephen be back agen soon... :-)

All round 5 star *****

• Stayed: September 2012

Thank you for your review. Its always good to receive positive comments and Stephen is delighted that he has been mentioned. We look forward to you returning in the future.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

Went to tully inn for meal stay local and like to support local bussinesses staff ignore you when you walk in might be bar staff but could at least hello someone will be with you in a minute they werent busy standing talking to one another had to wait forty mins between starter and main coarse when it finally came it was burtnt black complained to waitress she wasnt interested just walked away Think they are forgetting they will need local support in winter when not so many tourists about not good for area wont be back

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Christine M
TullieInn, General Manager at Tullie Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2013

I am very sorry your experience was not enjoyable. I would appreciate if you could contact us direct so we can find out more information regarding your visit. Please call us on 01389 752052 or email us at tullieinn@maclay.co.uk.

Reviewed August 17, 2013

I was born and brought up in the Balloch area, so was familiar with this hotel since the 1960s when it was called the Tullichewan Hotel. I left the area in 1975 and this effectively, was my first return since then. The hotel has been transformed into a modern, well designed Inn, offering good food and adequate accommodation. The location of the Inn could not be bettered. A good train service to Dumbarton (to pick trains for the West Highland Line) and Glasgow is just a stone's throw away. Cruises on Loch Lomond start just across the road from the Inn.

My wife and I stayed in a double room which was clean and bright - the walls doors and ceilings are all painted white. We thought that perhaps the walls should be painted in a more subdued colour which could create a restful experience for the customer. The bed was comfortable and bigger than a double bed. The ensuite was adequate with good quality towels provided.

The restaurant is beautifully designed and the furnishings are modern and comfortable. We did not eat dinner in the restaurant but had breakfast every morning and lunch on one day during our four day stay. The food was very good. Breakfast set us up for the day. However we felt that there could have been a better choice of 'starters'. Perhaps muesli, yoghurt and some fruit could have added to the poor selection available. The 'Big Breakfast' included haggis and tattie scones and was delicious.

So what makes this inn 'average' ? It's the attention to detail that seems to let it down. The staff were friendly and attentive in some ways but not in others. Every morning we used the conservatory for breakfast. On all four days we could not find a table in that area which had been fully laid out properly. We had to 'steal' plates knives forks and spoons from other badly laid out tables to meet our basic needs. Surely very basic waiting skills dictate that when a diner leaves a table then it should be cleaned and reset for the next customer. That was just not happening at breakfast in the Tullie Inn during our stay. When the juices and other items run out at the self service table they should be replaced or replenished straight away. This just didn't happen on our stay. We asked our lovely waitress for some butter and jam for our table one morning. She came back with those items in her hand and placed them in a pile on the table cloth. Basics again ?

The Tullie Inn has invested a sizeable amount of cash in refurbishing it's design and structure. You need to get your restaurant service right - it isn't at the moment. Judging by the reviews on various sites this inadequacy has been about for some time. It's all well and good the manager responding to these reviews with an apology but perhaps the time doing that could be better invested in supervising more closely your waiting and kitchen staff, to ensure that they provide excellent service to paying customers. You wouldn't have to apologise then !

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay. We will definitely sort out those issues you have highlighted at breakfast and improve this immediately. I do hope this will not put you off visiting us again.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

I am visiting Scotland from Australia, and had had difficulty finding accommodation for one night. I was offered a very cheap deal at the last minute, and am delighted I took it. The Inn is between the river and the railway, with beautiful walks beside Loch Lomond. The staff were exceptionally friendly, and I felt most welcome. This even involved one staff member helping restart my car when the battery died. The room was modest, but comfortable, and my (included) breakfast and dinner were delicious. I'd certainly come here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
TullieInn, General Manager at Tullie Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2013

Thank you so much for your kind review. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you in the near future