“Never fails to impress.”

The Stables Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 25 Restaurants in Balloch
Cuisines: Scottish
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Drymen, United Kingdom
“Never fails to impress.”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

A frequent lunch venue for us and it never lets us down. A comprehensive and contemporary menu, charming staff and food that always impresses. Great value for money too!

• Visited August 2013

Fort william
“Back to the stables”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Back to the stables again and what can I say!! As usual jim is waiting with the drinks he's worth his weight in gold. Always remembers what we drink and how we like our steaks. We all had sirloins on the sizzler they were really great and tasty. I can't find anywhere to beat this restaurant between fortwilliam and Glasgow. So cheers to the staff and the owners of the stables restaurant balloch. The 3 ladies from Onich.

• Visited July 2013
Motherwell, United Kingdom
“Pub Grub at Best”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Went with a friend who is local my first time wouldnt rush back.

We had not made a reservation and the place was really busy however the staff cleared a table really quickly and we were seated in no time .

The Staff - Excellent and friendly .

The Comfort - It was boiling hot no air con we were seated in a booth for four cramped and uncomfortable .

The food - We had a seafood platter which was mainly made up of deep fried battered fish the batter was as light as a feather and fresh the portion enormous .

The Main - I had surf and Turf I asked for medium and it was cremated the prawns also cremated and also still had the tails on and swimming in Butter the worst I have ever had ,However my wife and friends had the Steak pie and said it was excellent .

All in all I wouldnt go back it was like Brewers Fayre type food ,I prefer fine dining .

Visited July 2013
Balloch, United Kingdom
“good choice”
Reviewed July 27, 2013

We had not been to the stables for quite some time.So did not know how it would be.No need to worry,rest,was busy but luckily a table was available.Staff were pleasant and professional despite rest,being busy.Menu had a few items that do not appear on others.Cullen Skink or haggis,neeps and tatties as main course.We both had steak and ale pie with chips (good choice) decent sized portions well presented.Only slight blip was the pasta which could have done with a bit more cheese through the sauce(personnel choice).Overrall a good choice for price and service. Will return in near future.

• Visited July 2013
“A great place for a quiet drink, afternoon tea or a evening meal.”
Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

I was first taken to the stables as a child by my parents (25+ yrs ago) and I can say the place just gets better. I visit the place when I can and have always found the food well presented and great tasting no matter what I order.
(Try thr steak & ale pie)
Competitive prices and decent service are other reasons The Stables is definately a place to visit. A good eating place for tourists and locals.

• Visited June 2013