I thoroughly enjoyed 2 nights in this classic inn.
The room pricing was a little higher than I would have preferred, but then I didn't booked ahead, I just walked in!
The service was great, rooms beautiful (mine had a view of the Lake), and the breakfast excluded was more than generous.
Couldn't get the wifi working, but that was only because I entered my phone number for the SMS code incorrectly. So if you have an international phone, insure you get the country code of internationally calling correctly entered when logging into the wifi.
Location is ideal. 2 minute walk from the train station and the information centre and in the other direction a 5 minute walk from a supermarket. The Loch is right on your door step as are a range of cafes and bars.
Large shopping centre, cafes and tourist activities just a 15 min walk or 5 min drive from the Inn. This complex is combine with the Loch aquarium... Well worth a look.
But if you are just up to relax the Balloch Inn is also perfect. I really enjoyed their bar and lounge, great atmosphere at any time of the day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sitting at the foot of Loch Lomond in the beautiful village of Balloch, this historic lodge is the perfect place to stay if you're looking to explore the rugged mountains and ancient history of Balloch Castle Country Park.Built in the 18th century, Balloch House has been a hotel for more than a hundred years. Today it exudes the same rustic charm, while providing budget accommodation across 12 comfy rooms. There's a hearty seasonal menu alongside daily specials, cask-conditioned ales and carefully selected wines.As for the sightseeing, you'll be spoilt for choice. Catch the early morning mists that curl across the Loch, take the historic Maid of the Loch steamer from Balloch Pier or venture out and discover the beautiful Scottish scenery of the Loch Lomond and Trossachs National Park. You could also visit nearby Alexandria or head into the hustle and bustle of Glasgow. In fact, there's so much to do that you might need more than a weekend to soak it all up. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Innkeeper's Lodge Loch Lomond reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Balloch House Vintage Inn, Innkeeper`s Hotel Balloch
- Innkeeper's Lodge Loch Lomond Balloch, Scotland