“Far better value elsewhere”

and 1 more site!
Innkeeper's Lodge Loch Lomond
Ranked #10 of 24 Balloch B&B and Inns
Lancaster, United Kingdom
“Far better value elsewhere”
Reviewed May 15, 2011

I stayed two nights and the cost was £158 including a complimentary continental breakfast.
The croissants were not fresh the first morning; unfortunately they had none the second morning and this was as early as 8.20am.
Toast was provided as sliced bread that you yourself processed through one of two domestic toasters which is wholly ridiculous.
This spoilt the start to my working days and at £79 per night I felt ripped off and will look elsewhere to stay as I will be visiting this town again.
The Hotel otherwise was clean, cosy and situated on the estuary to Loch Lomond but a good start is needed and has been provided at every hotel elsewhere but not here.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not facing the main road
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 12, 2011

if it wasnt for the dour faced waitress who didnt even attempt to connect or communicate with or smile or make eye contact with me or my two girls
or the fact that the kids menu was the same price for soup as the adult menu but with less soup
or that they had the audacity to charge me £1 for an extra slice of bread each
then this 'inn' may well have been a great place to stop at after a really long walk back along Loch Lomond
its certainly a great spot

Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank miripips
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed April 28, 2011

We stayed two nights for a friends wedding and also ate in the restaurant one night. The hotel has a lovely setting but is badly let down by the food quality and the terrible service from some staff. We ate in the restaurant as part of a 40th Wedding anniversary celebration and we really wish we had gone somewhere else. Out of 6 meals, 5 main courses were so bad that we had to send them back. The meat was so tough it could not be cut - avoid the carvery, it tasted like it had been re-heated for several days! For desert we received ice cream that was so melted it was like soup.
The staff were unhelpful, unapologetic, rude and had a terrible attitude. It really spoiled what should have been a fantastic celebration of 40 years of marriage.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else! Balloch is better than this.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ClarinetK
Blackpool
Reviewed April 27, 2011

I along with 5 other members of my family had booked a table for dinner to celebrate my 59th birthday on 26th April 2011. I was a bit wary as we had been there just over a year ago and my order for dinner had been not been ordered and I was left out when the food was served. Surely lightning could not strike the same place again - WRONG !!!!!
When the food was served my meal had again been not ordered. My other family members were sitting with their meals in front of them waiting for me to be served. I asked my family to start as I did not want their food to get cold. My wife started to eat but found her food cold so I returned her meal to the bar to exchange and enquire about my order. At the bar after listening to their excuses I decided to cancel both my wifes and my meal. My birthday celebration meal was ruined. When the dessert was served my sister had ordered a chocolate brownie but found she could not cut into it because it had been overcooked.
My surprise birthday cake was retreived from behind the bar and we took it back to the house. It was agood job that the local chip shop was still open as my wife and myself decided to have a fish supper.
I again have contacted Innkeeper Lodges to register a complaint but I have no illusions that like last time I will not receive any feedback or acnowledgement. My birthday celebration was ruined!!!!!!
This hotel should be renamed - FAWLTY TOWERS.

Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Monmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 8, 2010

We've not stayed here but have eaten here three times on different visits, and have always been very pleased with the food, service and atmosphere. An extensive menu, all cooked well and very tasty. The dining area is spread across several rooms so you can find a busy or quiet area to suit. Good bar with wide range of beers and wines too. Seems popular with locals and tourists alike. Recommended.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
East Mids UK
Reviewed October 25, 2010

I did not stay here, but stopped for lunch. Having had lunch here twice in the past, the last time about 5 years ago when it was really good, I felt it was a totally different place in that it was dreary/grubby in appearance and the food was prepackaged fried stuff that you can get in any number of pubs around the UK. The prices are reasonable, but don't expect a nice home made cottage pie or anything, because you will be disappointed. It is a typically large menu with something for everyone and I guess if you stick to the fish and chips or scampi and chips, you may not be too unhappy. The sliced breaded mushroom starter I had was straight out of the freezer. I think I was probably extra disappointed because it was so nice last time I was here and I had driven a bit out of my way to get here. On the upside, it is next to the water with a few boats aound, so a family would possibly find it meets their needs without breaking the bank. They also have a good selection of wines by the glass. However, don't look at the flowery menu description and think you will have a fine dining experience.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ukbusinesslady
Newport, S.Wales.
Reviewed September 16, 2010

We stayed for 3 nights, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday on the Advance Saver Deal which cost us less than £90 in total. I hadn't found anything that compared to this in the area and it was nice to have the added piece of mind of booking with a chain so I knew the standard would be pretty good.
The room was fairly small but nicely furnished and the bed comfortable. Tea, coffee and biscuits provided. Flat screen TV. Nice bathroom although the shower was quite small and there were a couple of tiles missing on the floor which should be replaced.
I did find it a little warm in the night but it was difficult to sleep with the window open as the Inn is on a roadside. It did get a little noisy on Sunday night as there were pubs and a nightclub in the village and people seemed to be walking past (a bit drunk) possibly to the kebab shop up the road. Monday and Tuesday were quieter.
The Continental Breakfast was included and this was particularly attractive as not many of the other lodge type hotels seem to offer this. There was a big selection of cereals, including muesli, toast, bagels, pastries, fresh and dried fruit, yoghurts and juices. You can eat as much as you want.
The building is attractive and is on the edge of the Loch so there are nice walks nearby. It's also within walking distance of Loch Lomond Shores shopping area (which I found disappointing).
The restuarant part of the Inn is OK and not too expensive. My meal was around £8-£9. We only ate there the first night as we ventured into the village the following night and went to the local McDonalds on the 3rd night.
I probably wouldn't have been as happy if I'd booked at the full price which I think was around £69 per room per night but the Saver deal is brilliant. The only drawback being that you can't cancel and have your money back. Well worth the gamble though.
Take a visit to the Bird of Prey Centre by the garden centre. It's fantastic!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank GladysWelsh
Also consider these accommodations in or near Balloch
Cameron House on Loch Lomond
Lomond Woods Holiday Park
Tullie Inn
Tullie Inn
#15 of 24 in Balloch

Been to Innkeeper's Lodge Loch Lomond? Share your experiences!