Just spent a super two nights at The Village Inn - a great base to use for exploring the area. I'm a real ale fan, so the ale-on-tap was well appreciated and enjoyed, including the Bitter & Twisted on the second night. The breakfast included in the room rate was extensive and cooked to order. Our dinners were excellent as the menu is quite extensive - cullen skink was really good.
The staff were very attentive, and I appreciated Marnie's demeanour & sense of humour, especially her talents for making toast.
My only gripes were the prolific plastic flowers on the tables and dotted around the hotel - after seeing so many lovely natural flowers in the area I'm sure you could bring them indoors too! Also, the WiFi was quite ropey & frequently dropping out, both in our room as well as in the bar, but seeing as it is a free service anyway - I'm not complaining.
I would definitely book this hotel in future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Village Inn, Arrochar has 14 en-suite bedrooms all of which provide fresh, comfortable and welcoming double accommodation. They are all tastefully decorated and furnished in a traditional classic rustic style.We have 10 double bedrooms (some with large double ended baths!) in the main building and a further 4 bedrooms in the beautifully restored annexe building to the rear of the inn. The annexe has 3 double rooms and 1 twin room with 2 of these bedrooms being on the ground floor.The 2 superior rooms in the main building come with 4 poster beds and offer stunning views over Loch Long and the "Arrochar Alps". ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Priceline and LateRooms so you can book your The Village Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Village Hotel Arrochar
- The Village Inn Arrochar, Scotland