My husband and I stayed here for one night after doing some hill walking in the area. Normally we would just have gone home afterwards but we thought it would be nice to spend the night in a nice hotel and make a weekend of it. We booked our room a few days in advance and paid a very reasonable £40 inc breakfast. The room was fine, clean and warm, but we were disappointed to find that there was no shower, only an attachment over the bath which sprayed water at various angles and soaked the bathroom. We had a couple of drinks in the bar before having a nice meal in the restaurant. Food, service etc was all great, and the staff were lovely. We wanted to have an early night after a long day of walking...this is where it went wrong. Our room (room 4) overlooked the kitchens (I think) at the rear of the hotel, and was directly above the bar. The extractor fans from the kitchens were very noisy, but nothing compared to the volume of the music from the bar which didn't stop until 1.45am. When the music stopped the customers in the bar started singing and stamping on the floor instead. I was ready for getting in the car and going home. Nothing spoils a trip more than a terrible night's sleep.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Village Inn, Arrochar has 14 en-suite bedrooms all of which provide fresh, comfortable and welcoming double accommodation. They are all tastefully decorated and furnished in a traditional classic rustic style.We have 10 double bedrooms (some with large double ended baths!) in the main building and a further 4 bedrooms in the beautifully restored annexe building to the rear of the inn. The annexe has 3 double rooms and 1 twin room with 2 of these bedrooms being on the ground floor.The 2 superior rooms in the main building come with 4 poster beds and offer stunning views over Loch Long and the "Arrochar Alps". ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Priceline and LateRooms so you can book your The Village Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Village Hotel Arrochar
- The Village Inn Arrochar, Scotland