Arrived there on Friday and stayed until today (Sunday) was a good deal at £80 and was looking forward to it. Unfortunately it didn't live up to expectations, primarily because of one particular female member of the serving staff who treated us shabbily on the Friday evening in the restaurant, forgetting us, even forgetting the bread starter, while attending to other tables. Upon complaining we were told not to be "obnoxious" and heard her saying "sorry about them" to another table of diners! How very professional! Next day at breakfast this lady took our breakfast order -then we waited..then 45 minutes later, she asked us how was breakfast, we replied we hadn't received it! Another 20 minutes later it arrived, so over an hour after the initial order. She then blamed the chef who was "just back from holiday"! We both believed this was her way of getting back for complaining the night before. I would have given this place only a one star rating but the other staff were good and one young lady was particularly nice early yesterday evening (sat) in the bar. We were a bit disappointed to be given a room at the back of the building seeing as we were there earlier than those who got these rooms, but the bath was nice, though the shower-head was faulty, spraying water in various directions, soaking the floor and changing temperature from cold to burning hot constantly. Will not be rushing back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Village Inn, Arrochar has 14 en-suite bedrooms all of which provide fresh, comfortable and welcoming double accommodation. They are all tastefully decorated and furnished in a traditional classic rustic style.We have 10 double bedrooms (some with large double ended baths!) in the main building and a further 4 bedrooms in the beautifully restored annexe building to the rear of the inn. The annexe has 3 double rooms and 1 twin room with 2 of these bedrooms being on the ground floor.The 2 superior rooms in the main building come with 4 poster beds and offer stunning views over Loch Long and the "Arrochar Alps". ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Agoda and LateRooms so you can book your The Village Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Village Hotel Arrochar
- The Village Inn Arrochar, Scotland