“Highly Recommended Another Great Visit”
Review of The Village Inn

The Village Inn
Ranked #6 of 16 Arrochar B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 23, 2012

My hubby and I last visited the Village Inn 2 years ago and had a lovely time and this recent visit was just as good and also very good value for money at £40 per room per night.
Room was clean and comfortable and the large bath in en- suite was very welcome after a long hard day on the hills.
Food is brilliant very good breakfast and excellent evening meals with plenty of choices on the menu praise to the hard working chef.Only tip I would give is book your evening meal early as it is very busy at weekends.
The atmosphere in the Inn is excellent but this is due to the hard working ,friendly ,yet professional staff. After all a place is nothing without people and they all deserve praise as they are a credit to their boss.

Highly recommended and well worth a visit .

Room Tip: Front rooms have good views of Loch Long
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
villageinnarrochar, Sales Coordinator at The Village Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2012

Good Morning,

Thank you for your great review. We look forward to you visiting us again in the future.

Regards

There are newer reviews for The Village Inn

Reviewed October 23, 2012

We were staying in Arrochar and were recommended the Village Inn by our landlord. I have to say that i loved the place. The combination of bare stone walls, dark wood and open fires made for a terrific atmosphere. As well as using the place as a conventional pub we dined there on two evenings. We loved the food, but the helpings did not do our weight any good. If in Arrochar again I would happily repeat the experience.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
villageinnarrochar, Sales Coordinator at The Village Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2012

Good Morning,

Thank you for your kind review. We are delighted you enjoyed your visit & look forward to you returning in the future.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

Spent a couple of nights here after traveling down from the Highlands of Soctland. Greeting we had when we first arrived made us feel like turning round and walking out as the lady was rather abrupt including asking if we would pay in full then and there as she did not want the morning staff to do it. The room she took us too was clean and tidy but needed updating and the shower over the bath also need updating.
But the staff in the bar and restaurant were very friendly and the sevice was very good, so was the food. Try the chessecake which ar made by one of the waitresses.VERY GOOD

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
villageinnarrochar, Sales Coordinator at The Village Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2012

Thank you for your review. We will take on board your comments & will improve. We do hope you will return in the future.

Reviewed October 9, 2012

Very good reception, food and entertainment. Jackie in particular was great offering to carry our luggage to the room! Lovely to have real fire and people to chat to.

Very good and happy to recommend.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends

Thank you for your generous review. We look forward to you returning in the future.

Reviewed October 1, 2012

We stayed at the village inn last weekend and found it very nice, our room was at the front and had a beautiful view over loch Long, although the bed was too hard for me it was fine for my other half, the staff were very nice and the food was good value for money.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
villageinnarrochar, Sales Coordinator at The Village Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2012

Good Morning,

Thank you for your generous review & take your comments on board. We look forward to you visiting us again in the future.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

I had booked a one nights stay on Friday 21st september for my wife and I after i had worked on the premises a few years earlier and had admired its location, i managed to get a booking about one month before we were due to go as I had failed to get a booking on previous occasions. I received a voice message on my mobile from someone called Colin from the Village Inn on the Thursday evening asking if i could give him a ring back regarding my booking, when i did this I spoke to another member of staff who did not know why Colin had contacted me but said that Colin would get back to me. he did not contact me again so me and my wife left on Friday at about 4pm for the two hour drive to Arrochar. on arrival we were met with a member of staff to be told that our room had been flooded and that they had booked us into another hotel next door.
we were disappointed but at least i had booked dinner in advance but when i mentioned this to the member of staff she said she would go and check but when she came back she said they were very busy and could we return at a different time than we had booked, by this time me and wife both felt that we were now an inconvenience so we just left to drive back home but we stopped at the Arrochar hotel and got a room for the night and a lovely meal. I always wanted to stay and dine at the village inn but not any more, also i would warn people parking their cars in the car park to keep away from the building as there are a few loose slates on the roof that look like they could come down and damage a car or more importantly a person

1  Thank Kirsty L

Good Morning,
I am very sorry you did not have a great experience when visiting the Village Inn. There seems to have been a breakdown in communication with team members. I would like to investigate this matter further & would appreciate it if you could forward me you email address please? You can email me at villageinn@maclay.co,uk.

Reviewed September 29, 2012

This tiny gem is tucked away at the end of Loch Long in the village of Arrochar in Scotland. The Tudor style building is welcoming. It is the most happening place in the village. There are some rustic touches with the painted barrels.

Their cullen skink, or smoked haddock and potato soup is to die for. This was the first time that I tried it and it was majorly delicious. The ambiance was good. Service was good. The rest of the menu was a little pedestrian, but hey .. this a PUB !! Good selection of beers. Friendly wait staff. Would definitely visit again.

The scenery around this part of Scotland is dramatic and beautiful.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to review us. We appreciate you comments & look forward to you visiting us again in the future.

Maclay Inns

Also consider these accommodations in or near Arrochar
Loch Long Hotel
Loch Lomond Arms Hotel
Lodge on Loch Lomond
Macdonald Forest Hills Hotel & Spa
Best Western The Crianlarich Hotel

Been to The Village Inn? Share your experiences!