“Great hotel Lovely weekend !”
Review of Arrochar Hotel

Arrochar Hotel
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Arrochar
Reviewed February 6, 2013

We stayed at this hotel from Friday 1/2/2013 until Sunday 3/2/2013. There was a party of 10 for a Birthday celebration. We had a warm welcome on arrival.The hotel was clean and the staff very friendly. The rooms were clean and comfortable and were maintained to a very high standard daily. The chambermaid had a pleasant and friendly manner. The food, was in my opinion, 5 star quality. The presentation was also excellent ! All the staff were extremely professional and helpful, especially Carlos the night porter !!! We had a fabulous weekend and would highly recommend this hotel. Thanks so much everyone for a wonderful stay.

Room Tip: Despite other reviews I would highly recommend room 221 with a wonderful loch view.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank cherryb67
Laura G, General Manager at Arrochar Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2013

Many thanks for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor. Your comments will be shared with the team who will be delighted that you enjoyed your family celebration here at Arrochar Hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Arrochar in the future.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,254)

Reviewed February 3, 2013

We have just returned from a weekend stay at the Arrochar Hotel. We stayed Friday and Saturday night and got a Dinner, Bed and Breakfast deal for an amazing £110 for 2 of us on Easy Breaks.

Good Points -

We found the hotel easily. It's in a brilliant location and has stunning views over Loch Long. Check in was efficient and we were given the keys to our room. We were allowed to have our dog stay with us for £10 for the entire weekend, she loved the loch and chasing the seagulls!

Dinner the first night was a 3 course meal with a choice of 3 of each course. We found the food to be of brilliant quality and the waitresses were friendly and polite. The restaurant itself has recently been refurbished and was a pleasure to eat in. After dinner we sat in the lobby bar for a while and had a few Irn Bru's! The barmaid was, again, nice and friendly and had a little chat with us about my pregnancy.

Breakfast the next morning was delicious. There is a selection of cereals and you have the choice of cooked breakfasts. We were offered more toast when we finished the toast we were given and the service was quick and friendly (same 2 girls who worked in the restaurant in the evening!) The views over the loch while eating breakfast were lovely.

Dinner that evening was an entirely different menu with another 3 choices of each course. The food was delicious again and we really enjoyed our meal.

Our room was very quiet. I'm sure this was because there weren't many guests and there were no other guests in our corridor but it was nice to enjoy the peace and quiet (I can imagine how noisy it would be if the hotel was fully booked as our floorboards were very loud!).

One thing that we found helpful was the bathroom facilities. We had a separate bathroom and toilet. This was good for us as being 7 months pregnant, I like to lie in the bath and it's nice to not be interrupted by my husband wanting in to go to the toilet. The bathroom and toilet were both nice and clean although there is absolutely no ventilation in the toilet so it smelled terrible for the whole weekend!

Bad Points -

I don't expect much for the amount of money we paid for our break but I do expect the advertising to be accurate. This hotel's website advertises 'There are 76 recently refurbished en suite bedrooms, many of which overlook the shores of Long Loch.' This is incorrect. I am sure there are many refurbished bedrooms but they can't all have been as ours was dated and dingy with dirty walls. We were given a room on the ground floor and the window looked out onto a concrete back yard and side wall. There were no views of anything really. The hotel wasn't fully booked so we could have been given a nicer room but the management clearly decided that due to the deal we had booked, this was the room we should have. I did discuss complaining with my husband but we decided it wasn't worth the hassle and this was clearly the experience the hotel management wanted us to have for our money. Perhaps because we had a dog with us. Again I'd like to clarify that I wouldn't have had any issue with this at all had it not been for the false advertising, and therefore false expectations, given by the hotels website. We were very disappointed by our room and the view we had. We were given no option to upgrade at any point, not at booking or upon checking in.

The only other small niggle I have is having to ask for EVERYTHING when we were having our evening meal. The waitresses were friendly and efficient and did bring a jug of water to our table but they didn't at any point ask if we would like drinks with our meal. We had to ask for them. We also had to ask for bread. Then we had to ask again for butter when that wasn't brought with the bread. As there was only 1 waitress the 2nd night (until the manager stepped in later on to help), trying to get her attention to get these things was a bit of a nightmare. I had broccoli soup for my starter and it was delicious, but it was cold by the time I got my bread and then butter. My husband had to do a very obnoxious hand wave and loud cough to get her attention! It is a small niggle but it did make us feel like we were being a nuisance.

Overall we enjoyed our break and feel it was excellent value for money. The only reason we haven't given 5 out of 5 is purely because we were expecting a refurbished room and weren't given one. The hotel should have this removed from their website until all bedrooms are refurbished. We wouldn't have minded our room at all had that information not been there. The bedrooms look lovely on the website.

I'm not sure if we would return or not. We aren't the type of couple to revisit places unless they were particularly spectacular and we felt 2 days was enough to explore Arrochar and we would much rather go somewhere new than revisit.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LJ2245
Laura G, General Manager at Arrochar Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor.

We take on board all customer feedback, both positive and negative, and aim to implement improvements where necessary. I am pleased that you found your break to offer good value for money.

I do hope to welcome you back to the hotel, should you decide to return to Arrochar in the future.

Reviewed January 29, 2013

Spent a single night here in a single room. Very good value and the cooked breakfast was especially good. Clearly in the process of upgrading/refurbishment, but don't be put off by the unfortunate 70s decor round the entrance - the reception, lounge and bar area is bright and modern. Will definitely be back.

Room Tip: A view of the loch is worth asking for. There is piped music in the lounge which you can hear if you...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank OldMortality

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor.

I am please your enjoyed your stay and that you found it to be value for money. I look forward to welcoming you back to Arrochar in the future.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

Just had a lovely wk/end at the Arrochar Hotel, staff at this hotel were very helpfull always very happy to help with any requests we made during our stay over the wk/end, we had a meal in the hotel restuarant on Saturday night it has to be said the food was excellent as was the service .The room we had was at the front of the hotel with excellent views over Loch Long and the surrounding mountains, the bathroom is a wee bit tired looking and could be doing with an overhaul but other than that we had a very enjoyable wk/end,the entertainment was also very good as it was Burns wk/end everybody enjoyed the Scottish music and were all quite happy to join in a good night was had by all.

1  Thank James M

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor.

I am please your enjoyed your stay and I look forward to welcoming you back to Arrochar in the future.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

have just returned after a lovely weekend @ the arrochar hotel dont often do a review but after reading a few negative ones before i went thought i must give my honest review. the hotel was nice , staff very helpfull and friendly had a lovely loch view room (no extra charge) the food was very nice all public areas have been upgraded recently and the bedrooms are all getting upgraded the one we had was recently refurbished the value for money is outstansnding 2 adults 2nights b&b total £70 around £17-50 pp pn what do people want the hilton?if so you have to pay hilton prices i would recommend this hotel to anyone it was our first stay here and we will most certainley be returning many thanks for our stay.

Room Tip: have a loch view room
1  Thank linda g

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor.

I am please your enjoyed your stay and found it to be good value for money. I look forward to welcoming you back to Arrochar in the future.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

just returned from what was a brilliant weekend at Arrochar Hotel.My wife had taken me there for my birthday. I have to say we were pleasantly surprised by the standard of the hotel (having read so many BAD reviews). The Food and service were excellent. The staff were very helpful and always ready with a "GOOD MORNING" accompanied by a smile. The Hotel itself was very comfortable and clean with stunning views across loch long. All in all we had a great time. Hope to return soon.

Room Tip: Room 212 has excellent views across Loch Long.
2  Thank margaret m

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor.

We are glad that you chose the Arrochar hotel to celebrate your special occasion and I look forward to welcoming you back to Arrochar in the future.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

Usually spend New Year in Spain but came to this wee hidden gem we found on internet for our budget. Had a fab New Years Eve and New Years day at Arrochar. The weather could have been been better but that is obviously the chance you take with New Year in Scotland. Was prepared for a walk along the loch front in freezing cold, windy, rainy weather, blowing away the cobwebs, I can tell you it was different from what we were used to but loved it! Accomodation, food and staff were excellent. Fantastic dinner and entertaintment on new years eve, loved that it had haggis on the menu and the two boy pipers were so good leading up to midnight, Raymond & Victor were great entertainment getting eveyone up to dance. Relaxing day on New Years day,with a quiz that we were to fill in (did you trust us not to google the answers? ha ha,) and buffet dinner at night was just fantastic, salad starters, hot mains ohhh just made the New Years break perfect . I think we have met some friends we will try to keep in touch with, unfortunately off to a sunny cruise on Monday. All in all was great New Years experience and would recommend it to anyone, thanks so much Henriette, Laura and staff, we loved it will be back!

Room Tip: Ask for a loch shore room, you will not be disappointed
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank ElG2011

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor.

We are glad that you chose the Arrochar hotel to celebrate Hogmanay and I look forward to welcoming you back to Arrochar in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Arrochar
Loch Long Hotel
#2 of 3 in Inveraray
14 mi away
Cameron House on Loch Lomond
Best Western The Crianlarich Hotel

Been to Arrochar Hotel? Share your experiences!