“leave”
Review of Arrochar Hotel

Arrochar Hotel
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Arrochar
Reviewed November 25, 2012 via mobile

we have just left my wife and i we will never return until the new manager leaves she is a disgrase we asked the girl at reception could we speak to manager her answer no she was so rude and nasty we asked the barman her name he told us its on the bord at the lift.i dont think he understood what i was asking.the room was filthy the food cold there seemed to be party at the back of resturant hope they had a better time we have been to arrochar many many times but sadly our last please bring back the old mangment.the new ones not working hotel being ruined going down hill fast i know i may be harsh but my wife so angry and upset

• Stayed: December 2011
6  Thank sweetdra
OHIML, General Manager at Arrochar Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2012

I’m afraid this false review is posted by a disgruntled member of staff. Their other review (posted the same weekend) is posted at the hotel of the previous management team. I hope that those reading this can see the similarities between the two reviews and gain a more rounded opinion of the hotel from other reviews posted. We are trying to get this review removed.

Laura Green

Write a ReviewReviews (1,268)

Reviewed November 25, 2012

Had a lovely stay at the Arrochar Hotel.Went for dinner, bed and breakfast. The views from the hotel are breathtaking as we had a front facing room. Really can't find fault in our stay. Big thank you to Laura and her staff for making us feel so welcome. Nice warm friendly atmosphere. Will definitely be back.

• Stayed: November 2012
2  Thank jennyshouse15
Laura G, General Manager at Arrochar Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor.

Your comments have been shared with the team and we appreciate such positive feedback.

Reviewed November 20, 2012

We booked this at a truly amazing rate, figuring it would be fine for a night. It's much more than fine. I'm guessing the Arrochar Hotel mostly caters for vast coach parties touring Scotland, and, out-of-seaon, it keeps itself busy by offering its rooms very cheaply. If so, the plan's working well.

This is not a luxury hotel, but this was a large and clean room in a building with plenty of history. The view of the Loch from the restaurant is jaw-dropping. Seriously amazing. The staff are friendly. For the price, I'd say it's unbeatable.

The only drawback is the lighting in the bar which is eye-wateringly bright. A bit of mood-lighting would go a long way there. But that's a quibble - we had a brilliant stay.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Eustonj

Many thanks for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor. Your comments will be shared with the team who will be delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Reviewed November 9, 2012

arrived for our overnight stay on sunday4th nov .lovely ground floor room with fabulous views of the cobbler. we were on a dinner bed breakfast deal food was lovely and well presented for the price we paid .would use this hotel again ,staff were very helpful.

Room Tip: room 1 at the front has a fabulous view
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank cat560
OHIML, General Manager at Arrochar Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2012

Many thanks for taking the time to post your review on tripadvisor. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and your comments will be shared with the team.

Reviewed November 7, 2012

Arrochar Hotel is the worst place I have ever stayed in my life. I will not use it again and its incompetency has helped me make up my mind : I will NEVER use any Oxford Hotel Group.

We pre-booked on the phone. When we arrived we had to wait for about 30 minutes at the reception to be served, while there were other receptionists hanging around doing nothing. When we entered our twin room (Number 221), there was still rubbish in the room (see photo). The ceiling was leaking (see photo).

At about 8:30 pm, very loud music began to thump through the floor. The noises and vibration didn’t end until 12:30 am and the crowd was still making a very loud noise until after 1 am.

We complained about the noises to the reception the next morning, and they said they would mention it to the senior management and did not give us any explanation. But

A) I booked on the phone. On the phone, they could at least have the decency to tell me they would be having a party until after midnight, and our room would be noisy. In these circumstances, we could have made other plans.
B) They could have at least told me when we checked in.
C) Why was that from two storeys above, we could still hear all the noises and feel all the vibrations coming through? There must have been something wrong with their building.

I noticed Arrochar Hotel had been awarded in year 2003, but how could they have so many problems?

To this day, we are still waiting for an apology from Arrochar Hotel.

Room Tip: Avoid Arrochar Hotel.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvior.

I apologise that I did not have the opportunity to speak to you prior to your departure from the hotel. You are correct that you should have been informed about there being entertainment in the hotel on the evening of you stay. There was a singer in the lounge area of the hotel who played until 12.30am. I am sorry that the noise from the evenings entertainment disturbed your stay with us.

I was not aware of the problems your encountered with your room on arrival at the hotel. Had myself or any member of the team been notified we would most certainly have offered you a new room.

I would like to assure you that we do take all customer feedback seriously and make improvements where required. I would hope that if you were visiting in Arrochar in the future that you would give us the opportunity to show where these improvements had been made and restore your opinion of our hotels.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

Stayed overnight on cheap rate so not expecting too much.The hotel has a fabulous lakeside view on Loch Long but our bedroom was in need of a lick of paint to brighten up the dull room. The hotel has a distinct 70s feel and a bit of investment would do wonders.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
OHIML, General Manager at Arrochar Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2012

Many thanks for taking the time to post your review on tripadvisor. The hotel has very recently undergone refurbishment throughout the public areas and further refurbishment will begin in January.

I do hope that you will return to Arrochar in the future, to see the considerable work that has been carried out to date, and also the plans that we have for the future improvement and benefit.

Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

Our family stayed here for 2 nights for a wedding every thing was so nice the staff were fantastic the food was superb and nice big rooms very clean & comfortable we will definatley stay here again can't wait to go back opening our curtains to the most fantastic view thank you all the staff

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank rosemarie s

Many thanks for taking the time to post your review on tripadvisor. We are glad that yourself and the wedding party chose to stay at Arrochar Hotel and we hope that you all had a wonderful time.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Arrochar in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Arrochar
Loch Long Hotel
#2 of 3 in Inveraray
Best Western The Crianlarich Hotel
Lodge on Loch Lomond
Knockderry House Hotel

Been to Arrochar Hotel? Share your experiences!