This place was disgusting and all I saw (smelled) was the front lobby. I had a reservation here to stay over the long 4th of July weekend. Getting a room on McMinnville was tough because there was a festival in a nearby town. First off, making the reservation was a huge hassle. I used the website, but then (more than a week in advance) had to cancel 1 night due to a change of plans. I couldn't make the change online, so I called customer service multiple times before I got through. Once I finally got someone, they told me that I had to call the hotel directly. The hotel told me to call customer service and so on and so on until I finally made the customer service person do it. Apparently they lose the booking commission if the cancel a night.
So everything seemed fine until I arrived at the stink hole. The front lobby smelled like a wet filthy ashtray. I waited over 30 minutes to get to the desk because the person in front of me in line was making a complaint about their room (writing on the wall). I presented my confirmation only to find out that they'd booked me to a smoking room. The reservation sheet that I had clearly said non-smoking. The desk lady basically said tough luck. We don't have any available rooms so you'll get what we give you or you can leave. I left!
I highly recommend the Falcon Manor Bed and Breakfast just up the road. They were very welcoming, very clean, and the food was incredible! The price is more than America's Best Value, but I assure you that Falcon Manor is a FAR better value. I will stay there again, and you couldn't pay me to step back in the ABV Inn again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 3 story interior corridor with outdoor seasonal pool, free local calls and free wi-fi. Walking distance to restaurants, gas, diesel. Elevator, guest laundry, fitness center. Near Bonaroo Music Festival. Microfridge, coffee maker, hair dryer, iron and board in all rooms. All spaces sprinkled. McMinnville is the "Nursery Capital of the World." Cumberland Caverns 8 miles. Fall Creek Falls 20 miles. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire and Agoda so you can book your Americas Best Value Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Americas Best Value Hotel Mcminnville
- Best Value Hotel Mcminnville