“Glad they screwed up our reservation and we didn't have to stay here!”

Americas Best Value Inn
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in McMinnville
Savannah, Georgia
“Glad they screwed up our reservation and we didn't have to stay here!”
Reviewed September 10, 2010

This place was disgusting and all I saw (smelled) was the front lobby. I had a reservation here to stay over the long 4th of July weekend. Getting a room on McMinnville was tough because there was a festival in a nearby town. First off, making the reservation was a huge hassle. I used the website, but then (more than a week in advance) had to cancel 1 night due to a change of plans. I couldn't make the change online, so I called customer service multiple times before I got through. Once I finally got someone, they told me that I had to call the hotel directly. The hotel told me to call customer service and so on and so on until I finally made the customer service person do it. Apparently they lose the booking commission if the cancel a night.

So everything seemed fine until I arrived at the stink hole. The front lobby smelled like a wet filthy ashtray. I waited over 30 minutes to get to the desk because the person in front of me in line was making a complaint about their room (writing on the wall). I presented my confirmation only to find out that they'd booked me to a smoking room. The reservation sheet that I had clearly said non-smoking. The desk lady basically said tough luck. We don't have any available rooms so you'll get what we give you or you can leave. I left!

I highly recommend the Falcon Manor Bed and Breakfast just up the road. They were very welcoming, very clean, and the food was incredible! The price is more than America's Best Value, but I assure you that Falcon Manor is a FAR better value. I will stay there again, and you couldn't pay me to step back in the ABV Inn again!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Mcminniville Tennessee
Reviewed June 29, 2010

I enjoyed my stay at this Hotel. I would stay again. The management was very nice and helpful.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed June 24, 2010

i've stayed at BVI exclusively for the last 2 yrs. when in mcminnville on business(weekly).
the hotel is always clean, the reservations are always correct, the staff friendly and accommodating. considering it's size, the amenities are first class. highly encourage everyone to enjoy it's facilities!

Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
daytona beach
Reviewed June 13, 2010

I stayed at Best Value Inn for a few nights, it was very clean and quiet . The hotel is away for the road and in a nice neighborhood . I felt very safe staying there because the rooms were inside the hotel and keys are the only way to open all doors leading outside . Its a great place to stay if you are trying to relax and get away from a busy life . My husband and I were very impressed with the cleaniness of the room and the very polite staff . Great breakfeast is always a plus as long as the 12 o'clock check out time . I recommend this hotel to anyone going out that way. =)

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Mcminnville, tn
Reviewed August 7, 2009

Mr. Panel is personally involved in making sure you are taken care of , specially during breakfast, which is included in the price of the room.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
Tennessee
Reviewed July 11, 2009

Firstly, I want to say that there is a policy that states that National Guard soldiers at drill are not allowed to let their families stay with them in government paid hotel rooms. However, sometimes families do stay with the soldiers because they cannot afford a hotel room of their own. (This only happens once or twice a year when the unit has family day activities or information meetings.)

I am not going to go into detail about my experience, but instead summarize. I, a soldier's wife, was asked to leave the hotel when I asked the hostess to have my key card recoded (because it had stopped working and I was locked out). I had to leave the hotel without having taken a shower or changed into decent clothes. I understand the hostess enforcing the policy with me, but I didn't expect her to be disrespectful and inhospitable in doing so. Furthermore, she called each of the rooms that had been reserved for the soldiers and informed family members that they would have to leave. Needless to say, there were families (wives and children) sent to the street not having anywhere to go and not being able to contact their husbands until they got off of work. It's one thing to enforce the policy when faced with the issue, but it's another thing to purposely try to "catch" people doing something wrong when they aren't causing any trouble.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
Eden Prairie, MN
Reviewed July 9, 2009

So this was our third year staying at this hotel and wow was I shocked this time. First we got there and they put us in a non-smoking room...then when they switched our rooms and we were unpacking I found toe nail clippings EVERYWHERE!!!! along with those, the hotel staff REWRAPPED dirty soap for us to use!!!! As if that wasn't bad enough, the towels they left of us were dirty with hair all over them and we were lucky enough to listen to them attempt to attach a heardboard to the wall so we listened to hammering for about two hours. our room had no clock, no telephone, no remote for the tv...just ghetto. When I contacted the company all they said was "sorry we'll try to train the staff better"....what kind of business is this? DO NOT STAY AT THIS NASTY HOTEL!!!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near McMinnville
Royal Inn
Red Roof Inn & Suites, Manchester, TN
Sleep Inn & Suites
Sleep Inn & Suites
#2 of 17 in Manchester

Been to Americas Best Value Inn? Share your experiences!