“extended stay”

Americas Best Value Inn
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in McMinnville
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We recently visited McMinnville TN looking at some real estate. We were pleasantly surprised by the quality and value of the hotel. The suite we had was spacious,clean and quiet . We had a great view of cumberland plateu. The staff was friendly and professional . The location was convenient to dining and shopping and internet connection was good.
I travel about 40 days a year on business so I stay in a wide range of chains. This is a small town and choices are limited but I will stay again next visit.

Room Tip: we stayed in a king suite for four nights good value very satisified all around
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Tn242, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2014

Dear Brad s,

I would like to express my deepest appreciation for sharing a review with us. We take great pride in exceeding guest expectations. Our staff is always here to take care of your needs.
We hope that you stay with us again should you return to the area.

There are newer reviews for Americas Best Value Inn

Reviewed June 26, 2013

I have stayed at this motel a couple of times whenever my husband and I go to visit his parents. The rooms are nothing special, but okay for the price (normally around $59.00). The staff is normally friendly and we don't have any problems. This visit went much the same or at least I thought. That is until my husband and I checked our bank statement a couple of weeks later. I noticed a charge for $20.00 from Americas Best Value Inn 3 weeks after our initial visit.

I called Best Value Inn spoke with the clerk and proceeded to explain what happened to her. She checked the hotel's register and said she wasn't sure why I was charged an additional $20 3 weeks later either. She then told me to hold on so she could speak to the manager about the charge. When she came back she said he stated it was for a broke coffee pot.

I then explained that me nor my husband drink coffee (so we had no use for it) and the coffee pot wasn't broke when we left. The lady then tried to argue with me asking "would I stay in a room with glass all over the floor?," I told her no, but I wasn't trying to say that pot broke before I came. That was exactly my point it! The coffee pot wasn't broke when I came nor when I left.

I then asked to speak to the manager and explained that I had stayed at that hotel numerous times and hadn't had any issues with erroneous charges showing up on my bank statement after my visits. I then asked him was it possible that the housekeeper may have accidentally broke it and just said that I had. He then proceeded to tell me his housekeepers never lie, so I broke it!
I told him saying that anybody doesn't lie is a ridiculous claim by itself, but the fact that he seemed to be beyond reason made it worse.

Moral of this story THEY STORE YOUR CREDIT CARD INFORMATION TO USE AND CHECK YOUR BANK STATEMENT AT LEAST A COUPLE OF WEEKS AFTER YOU CHECK OUT TO CHECK FOR UNAUTHORIZED CHARGES!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Tilica21

Dear Tilica21,

Thank you for posting a review with us. I understand your concerns regarding the coffeepot in your room. As a matter of policy, each of our rooms are inspected prior to arrival and once again upon checkout. Upon checkin, each guest must sign a registration form which states that you will be responsible for any damages. However, we value your business and would like for you to contact us directly to discuss a possible solution to the issue.

Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

I took pictures so I could share. room was $100 a night and there was major mold, wallpaper peeling off shower, stains everywhere in room. My room smelled like mold and musty. Stains on bed, my business partner and I considered sleeping in rental car, but folks just hanging out and drinking in parking lot.

• Stayed: June 2013
3  Thank drj32

Dear drj32,

I appreciate the fact that you took the time to share a review with us. Sorry for taking so long to get back with you. Please know that I am addressing the issues with our staff such as the wallpaper and carpets with our housekeeping and maintenance staffs. We have already removed the wallpaper from all of our rooms and added fresh new paint. I am sorry for any inconveniences.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

Going to visit a customer in the nearby area....First problem is that there are only a handful of hotels.in McMinnville so your hotel options are limited. There are no business hotels within a 30-40 mile radius.

I guess lack of competition allows for high rates (And by high I mean it's high for this hotel...I wouldn't pay more than $60 to stay here for the night).

The first room they gave me had a terrible smell of cigarettes covered up with air freshener/neutralizer with a mix of old basement. The carpets were filthy with white spots and dark spots. It probably hasn't been vacuumed in weeks, the counter by the sink was covered in white dust. (ceiling pieces, toothpaste or coke,..who knows?) I didn't even bother looking in the bathroom or the bed. The other non-smoking room also smelled like scented cigarettes so I went and tried my luck again...This time i got an actual non-smoking room with relatively clean carpets.

Looking around the bathroom, there's was an obvious leak in the bathroom above with holes in the walls, poorly done patching and a broken ceiling fan that rains dust on the toilet. Thankfully the bathroom was the worst part of the hotel room and i am not planning on spending much time in there.

I think I'll try my luck at another hotel if I travel to this area again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank psychephylax

Dear psychephylax,

Thank you for sharing a traveler review with us. I am sorry to hear about the issues you encountered during your stay. We are in the process of implementing a deep cleaning program for our smoking rooms. We hope that these improvements will enhance the overall experience.

Reviewed May 22, 2013

This hotel is not fancy. However, I have now stayed there three times (I am working one day per week in McMinnville) and have found it to be clean and comfortable. The rooms in which I have been placed were recently renovated and quite adequate. The second room was half of a suite and noise could be heard coming through the locked door. However, it stopped at a reasonable hour. The breakfast does not include any hot items (other than coffee), but is adequate. The staff is friendly and the owner is present in the mornings and obviously cares about his business. My first online reservation through Southwest airlines apparently was not transmitted to the hotel, but they were able to accommodate me. Be sure to confirm your reservation. There were some minor annoyances (I couldn't get the wifi to work, so used my own hotspot), but the price is VERY reasonable and the room was fine

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank AlanBachrach

Dear Alanbacrach,

On behalf of the staff of Americas Best Value Inn, I would like to thank you for posting a review with us. Sorry for taking so long to get back with you. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed our clean and comfortable guestrooms. We do offer hot waffles as a part of our free breakfast. Not sure why the WIFI wasn't working for you at the time of your stay. Our provider offers a toll-free number for assistance if this should ever happen again. I apologize for the inconvenience. We hope that you stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Not a bad place to stay for a small town. The room was clean, although there was a slight funny smell to it, might have been the bathroom cleaner they used. Nice place to rest your head and the end of the day

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear schmay65,

Thank you for taking the time to share a review with us. I am sorry for taking so long to respond. I am glad that you enjoyed a peaceful nights stay with us. We hope that if you are traveling in the future, that you stay with us again!

Reviewed November 20, 2012

My family and friends visit McMinnville several times a year our stay here has never disapointed us, the Rooms are clean and the owners are always making improvements of the property. A good breakfast is included in the price and is quite resonable for what you recieve. This is the only Hotel in the area with an outdoor pool and is our choice in the sumer to come back to unwind after a day explorring the area and attractions. Thanks Agin for a great experience we will be back next year. Wifi/ internet is also free and works once you figure out the conection (get the passwords from the front desk when you check in). I found the Staff and folks I have met here to be what you hope when you are out of town, Warm and Friendly, Jim

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Tn242, Owner at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

Thank you for your kind words as well as your business. and thank you for choosing the Americas best value inn McMinnville,tn
Sunny patel

Also consider these accommodations in or near McMinnville
Scottish Inn
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Manchester
Sleep Inn & Suites
Sleep Inn & Suites
#2 of 17 in Manchester

Been to Americas Best Value Inn? Share your experiences!