“Very clean.” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in McMinnville
New York City
“Very clean.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

We stayed at this hotel on our recent road trip from NYC down to Alabama and were pleasantly surprised with this hotel. The rooms were recently updated and were clean and well kept. The staff was wonderful and the breakfast was well presented. The fitness room needed some exercise equipment and air conditioning but overall the hotel was better than we had expected. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Franklin, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

Comfortable overnight with helpful staff. Ice machine was out of order but the front desk provided ice upon request. Hotel was pretty full the night I was there so I was a bit concerned about noice, but it was not problem at all. This hotel is a good choice when in the area for any purpose.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Roseville, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

Me and my 2 kids stayed for 3 nights and 4 days ( June 22,2013 to June 25,2013). I have reserved the room a month and two weeks ahead to get what I rquested. Which was non smoking room on the 1st floor. We came down from Ohio to visit family and take my kids to Burgress Falls, Rock Island and Fall Creek Falls. We arived an hour early from check in and they was very nice to let us check in. The room was remodeled. It had i think a 28 inch flat screen tv, frige and mirowave in the room. The channels they offered was ones that I watch at home. The breakfest was good, but my kids were picky on what they wanted, so I went to Walmart close by to buy what they would eat. I liked the door being right outside to the parking lot. I did not have to drag my kids inside to an elvator to go to the room. Only noise I heard was the emercency people coming through. I did not hear passing cars.

My youngest left her Minnie mouse doll in the bed and it got mixed up when they changed the sheets. They were nice enough to hold it for someone to come and claim it. They are very honest because they could have said no and kept it for their kids.

The beds were clean and they came in everyday to change them. I have never had a hotel I stayed in do that unless i asked for it. That is a real plus....The sheets were new and the bed was kinda confortable. I say that is my bed at home is really soft to lay on. Only thing I can say bad about this hotel is I could not directly connect to the internet. I have an old laptop without wfii. I called down to the front dest the 1st and 2nd night and they said they would send someone down to find out why and they never showed and it was not fixed. I was not to happy about that. Other than that problem it is a great hotel to stay for a long period of time.

Room Tip: I would ask for the 1st floor so you can walk from your car to the door. And Resever the room way ah...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Tempe, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2013

We found this hotel after reviewing other area hotels on Tripadvisor. It is centrally located to McMinnville and Spart St gives access to north-south and east-west highways. Very easy access to the Tree City Inn.

Apparently rooms have been very recently renovated. Furniture, TV, Refrigerator are new. Linens not worn. Everything seemed freshly painted and room was spotless when we arrived. Rooms are large, we had a king-sized bed. Very quiet area.

The staff was incredible. Food was provided for breakfast in the mornings. Much better than average free breakfast things--especially great waffles. Eggs, bisquits, gravy were kept warm and fresh. Staff very attentive to keeping the whole area clean. Whomever was in charge of the area walked in every few minutes to check on people and ask if anything was needed.

The folks on the front desk were very helpful with local and airport directions, recommending eateries, and even helped us locate a graveyard in a nearby town so we could see my grandfather's grave site. We left on a Sunday morning. Saturday night I needed to print airline boarding passes. The Motel computer worked fine, but the printer was down. The manager was working that night and figured out how to email my boarding passes to the motel and print them on their main printer. All with a smile. He could have easily said "sorry, printer is down, you will have to do this at the airport". But he took the time to a big difference for me (I hate flying and airports and he saved me fiddling with the airline to print stuff).

I highly recommend this place. We stayed 3 nights and 4 days and enjoyed it very much. The staff was the shining star of the experience, but the facility was wonderful too. Forgot to mention indoor pool and fitness center, both were great.

Room Tip: Low numbered rooms are close to fitness center and lobby (with food).
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Barboursville, West Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2013

there are only three motels in this little TN town and this is the best of the lot. the price was reasonable but we had to change rooms because our sink did not drain and our toilet barely flushed. All the rooms open directly onto the parking lot which is less than ideal. The towels were akin to flour sacks. Bed was reasonably comfortable though and the breakfast was not bad. in order to get to the lobby, breakfast, fitness area, etc. you had to walk outside across a parking lot which was not fun on a cold, rainy March trip. We stopped here on our way to Chattanooga which is only a short drive away, next time I will drive on and stay there.

Room Tip: I suggest an upstairs room but there are really not a lot of other things to say.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Herd72
kevalsheth, Manager at BEST WESTERN Tree City Inn, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Thank you for reviewing about your recent stay at the Best Western Tree City Inn in McMinnville, TN.

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. We have made many renovations to our property and guest rooms throughout the years, but unfortunately it is not feasible to have an interior corridor for our property.

Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements. I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience.

Keval Sheth
Manager
Wickliffe
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013

I booked a 2 night stay to visit relatives and then was told this place is "STINKY". I chose it for the indoor pool and no other indoor pool was available. I kept my reservation to see for myself. All they had available was a "smoking" room. It stunk like stale cigarette. The pool was nice, the lobby and staff were very nice, the hot tub was broken. In my room, it was clean and stocked, the only problem was the window air/heat unit sweated and got my shoes wet. I say this place needs to continue to improve, but I would stay there again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of your experience at the Best Western Tree City Inn in McMinnville, TN.

I am glad you still decided to give us a chance after you have been told our property was "stinky". We do not believe that to be the case, as many travelers and community members agree, as we have been voted the Best of the Best Hotel in the area for 14 Consecutive years.

I would like to apologize that the only available room we had for your visit with us was a Smoking room. As for the air/heat unit, we are planning to upgrade all of our HVAC units in the near future and we hope that will satisfy our customers such as yourself.

We here at the Best Western Tree City Inn cannot wait to host you again during your next visit to McMinnville.

Keval Sheth
Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near McMinnville
Scottish Inn
Comfort Suites Manchester
Comfort Suites Manchester
#3 of 17 in Manchester
Red Roof Inn & Suites, Manchester, TN

Been to BEST WESTERN Tree City Inn? Share your experiences!