“Christmas lunch”

The Cruin restaurant loch lomond
Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Arden
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Cruin is situated along Loch Lomond about 5 minuted drive north of Balloch
Reviewed December 29, 2016 via mobile

Arrived for a family Christmas lunch.the menu and the food was outstanding loved loved loved the venison salami, very original. All this for just £20 best value on the loch by a mile

Date of visit: December 2016

Reviewed December 20, 2016

When arriving for a Christmas type lunch; the first thing that I noticed was that only a couple of tables had tablecloths,the one which we were seated did not have one and the table was old and badly marked. We ate from the Christmas menu, the food was well cooked but lacked green vegetables. We had to wait a little while for our order, which was understandable as there was a very large party in just before us. There were no table decorations or crackers. The location is superb and the staff kept the roaring fire going to give a cosy feel. The staff were efficient and helpful.

Date of visit: December 2016
Reviewed December 9, 2016 via mobile

My wife and I got married here on the 6th august and we couldnt fault anything with the venue or the staff! Along with amazing scenery! Our cake company didnt show up and the staff managed to find us a cake for guests and a big cake for our pictures in less than an hour. The extremeley friendly and professional staff made it an unforgettable day.

Date of visit: August 2016
Reviewed December 7, 2016

Good location, we stayed in a lodge which was comfortable, short walk to the loch. lots of places to travel. Service was fine. Good to explore the vicinity.

Date of visit: September 2016
1  Thank Sea98
Reviewed December 3, 2016 via mobile

I got married here on the 26th November 2016 and I cannot thank the staff at The Cruin highly enough for their help from the offset almost 5 months ago.
From the booking and planning - Wilma was a great help, it was plane sailing from the get go and nothing was too much.

On the day, where do I start... It couldn't have gone any better, David is a star! And clearly very good at what he does, he made it seamless in organising people, arranging who and what should be where, and what a nice guy he is too, Morag who also helped out on the day, she was lovely and a calming influence on me haha they are Pro's! To the rest of the staff on the day, they were great too, quick turnaround of the rooms, at the bar etc.. We've had many of our guests passing comment on the venue and how beautiful it is and how efficienct staff were.
A great team and without them all our day would not have been what it was and for that we are beyond greatful.
And finally to the food... Wow!
From canapés to the meal everyone loved it, meals cooked in volume like that generally tend to be lacking, this most definitely was not the case, it was beautiful (even for the fussy eaters among us, including myself) it went down very well with everyone, hi five to the chef(s)!

All that leaves me to say is a HUGE thank you to everyone at The Cruin, for everything, our day was everything we wanted it to be and more, and that in part is down to the staff.
I cannot recommend this place high enough, it truly is great and the views are just stunning!
I'll be shouting about this place for a long time to come to anyone who'll listen, they have given us an amazing day and memories that will be fondly remembered by all who attended our wedding
A huge thank you from
Lindsay & Paul

Some of of pics from our amazing photographer, just a sample of what the views are like.

Date of visit: November 2016