“Lomond Gate”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Arden
Auchenheglish Lodges
Reviewed March 5, 2013

My husband and I booked here to celebrate our 35th wedding anniversary, I don't think we could have picked a more beautiful spot. I found it very difficult to tear myself away from the couch looking out over the loch, it was mesmirising watching the water, the ducks and swans and the boats meandering up and down. I would love to experience it from the lovely deck on a nice summers day. Will just have to go back! On the cottage itself, it was very well equipped and I would not even have minded cooking in the great kitchen which had everything you could possibly want, however, we were celebrating so we kept it to a minimum! The rooms are a great size and the main bedroom with the en-suite is very big, again, the deck from this room would have been a great place to sit and view the loch in the nice warm summer days. Liz was extremely helpful with our booking at short notice and I received all the information we needed by email within a couple of minutes of speak to her. I would highly recommend this cottage and I hope we will return to appreciate it, or one of the others at another time.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 2, 2013

Me, my partner and my parents stayed for 5 days in the bonnie banks cottage for a family wedding. The cottage is beautiful and nicely tucked away from the main road and in the mids of the trees which provided a peaceful stay. A lovely walk to the loch most days as it was only 5 or so minutes which was great. The cottage is massive great for 6 adults everything you need is there and great quality. I would definitely stay again and recommend to anyone who is up that area. Thanks for a great stay.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Rachie86
Reviewed February 28, 2013 via mobile

Spent the weekend in the smiddy lodge with my partner and we had a fantastic time. Lodge was very warm and cosy, very pretty and great amenities.

The location was great as it is right between Balloch and Luss which are both lovely.

Communication with the staff was excellent.

• Stayed: February 2013
4  Thank Misstartan
Reviewed February 24, 2013

By no means are we strangers to the excellent standards provided by Auchenheglish Lodges but this was our first stay in the Cundy Lodge - previously we had stayed in either the Heron or Creinch Lodges and always had a wonderful stay. The Cundy was a wonderful lodge - a little smaller than the others but none the worse for this. The view was wonderfully unfettered by trees and a different aspect was a nice change - not that the views from the others are not fantastic - just different . Have already booked for October - its a real gem

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 13, 2013

The minus points i make here are very, very minor but stopped me giving 5 stars, indeed because we are very picky. A couple of bulbs not working, cobweb on a curtain pole, ceiling in bathroom showing mould marks and the shower head has an extra spray at 90 degrees causing it to spray over the glass screen. Like i said all very minor.

The lodge was great, we were in Heron Lodge, lovely and warm with all mod cons. The views over the Loch were breath taking. You even have a starter pack of food to get you over the first day.

The walk into Balloch is about 3 miles or thereabouts and quite safe away from the main road.

We ate in the Waterside Inn and there will be a review about that place when Tripadvisor allow.

We hope to return here in the future and it is well calm and tranquil without being in the middle of nowhere.

Remember there is all Sky channels including movies and sports and wifi to boot.

All in all it is a great place.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

We visited here for a well deserved break with an aim of relaxing and escaping, we werent disappointed and had a great little holiday.

I'll get the negatives out the way first (as there were only a few minor issues)
1. The place is really hard to find, isn't signposted, and our actual lodge was really hard to find being down a small path between trees (The staff had sent directions via email I just didn't have access to it, however they were contactable by mobile and directed us to where we needed to be).
2. Cleanliness wise the lodge seemed spotless, though the bedding didn't seem overly fresh.
3. The central heating was a bit hit and miss, and it was very difficult to keep the lodge at a nice temp - always seemed too hot then too cold.

All of the above is me being really critical, the place is great!

Right on the waterfront we could see the water and far away hills whilst sitting in the living area. The place was functional and modern and had absolutely everything we needed.

Then lodge was very comfortable, and had just the right amount of privacy without feeling secluded. Once there, heading out for a walk is no problem, given you are right on Loch Lomond - also walkable is Loch Lomond Shores if that's your thing.

The things that set this place apart are the wee extras that you just don't normally get - from arriving to a bottle of wine and everything you need for breakfast the next morning, to the fully equipt TV's (DVD player and full sky package) to keep you occupied when its cold and rainy outside.

I imagine this place would be sensational in summer with the little outdoor seating area on the decking and the built in BBQ.

We just had a really relaxing and comfortable trip - I wish we could have stayed longer - would recommend to anyone looking to escape from reality for a bit, or a couples break.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed January 20, 2013

We stayed in the Lommand Gate lodge for 5 nights and have to agree with other reviewers as we didn't want to leave either!

The lodge was much bigger than it looked on line and the view was out of this world. Although the lodge is just off a busy road, it was quiet and tranquil. The facilities also exceeded expectations as it had a dishwasher, washing machine and tumble dryer. Plenty of extras also like a full sky tv package, tea & coffee etc. This lodge is fantastically placed right near the loch with uninteruppted views up to Ben Lommand, quite stunning and we would definitely return and recommend.

Two small niggles were that the bedding in both bedrooms had a very strong smell of tobacco, assuming that the previous visitors may have smoked in these rooms and that no-one contacted us (out of courtesy if nothing else) to check that we had settled in ok - although there was a mobile number we were provided with for problems.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
auchenheglish, Owner at Auchenheglish Lodges, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a lovely review. We are so lucky to have such a wonderful location and properties to match.
We are extremely sorry that you experienced a smell of tobacco in Lomond Gate as we have a strict no smoking policy.
This rarely happens and is something that we take seriously and try our very best to avoid.
You should have been given three contact telephone no’s which you can call at any time but once again I would agree that under the circumstances a call to you should have been made and again I apologise for that.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Arden
Cameron House on Loch Lomond
0 mi away
Bruach Lodge
Bruach Lodge
#2 of 4 in Arden

Been to Auchenheglish Lodges? Share your experiences!