“Great Food & Friendly Staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Kingarth Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Kilchattan Bay
The Kingarth Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Kilchattan Bay
perth uk
“Great Food & Friendly Staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2012

The Kingarth Hotel is a great place to have a meal, the food is fantastic & great big portions,& the staff are very friendly.If we ever go back to the Isle Of Bute we would stay there as well. It is an old coach Inn and has loads of character.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2012

This was a lovely find on the Isle of Bute when we were looking for a family meal out - a relaxed atmosphere, nice recently renovated building, and fabulous pub-price food. When I saw fish-fingers and chips on the menu for the children I thought it would be the bog-standard sort; but it turned out to be gorgeous handmade fish-fingers and chips. My children ate up everything on their plate - which were enormous portions - which is rare for them! The grown-ups really enjoyed their meals too; the menu was imaginative and offered loads of choice. There was lots of locals (surely the sign of a good place) and it would definitely be somewhere I return to.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Abbotsford, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2012

My husband and I decided to be adventurous and rent bicycles from Rothesay, with the Kingarth hotel being our destination for lunch. We were not dissappointed!!!! Being from Canada, and having enjoyed ploughman's platters in the UK before, I decided that I would have my first one on this UK visit. My husband had never had one before so he ordered the same. Oh my goodness, there was so much food we had to have much of it boxed up to take with us. The previoulsy posted pictures here just dont do them justice. The pleasing artful presentation of the platter was only barely exceeded by its great taste and value. Well done, kudos to the owners and chef. (I understand that the owners have put this jewel up for sale, I only hope that the new owners will keep up this excellent standard)

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2012

It is worth taking the ferry trip from the mainland over to Bute for lunch at the Kingarth Hotel. For starters we had mussels in a sweet chilli sauce and a smoked fish platter with horseradish sauce, both were excellent, in particular the mussels. We then opted for a main course of steak pie with chips and peas, these were generous portions and very tasty, great chips.
Friendly service and a pleasant atmosphere with a couple of good real ales available.
For the two of us, two courses each, two drinks each and a coffee, the bill was £44, well worth it for the quality.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Rothesay, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2012

The quality of food here, especially for lunch or dinner, is second to none on this island. The practice of providing a separate dish of vegetables, several thereof, well cooked, is excellent. The general standard of fish, poultry and meat dishes is also high. The house wines are good and not too expensive. The service is good enough, the ambience very good except for occasions when there is a noisy gathering of pool players etc which can disturb. Criticisms: scallops are far too good to be cooked and served on a skewer. I am sure there are better ways. If there is hardly anybody in the place and I want to hear as well as see a test match, I should be allowed to do so. Angry at this attitude, I did not go to it for six months. That means they lost about 50 meals from me alone.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Lancashire, UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2011

Four of us called in after completing part of the West Island Way & shared two Ploughman's platters. Fantastic & the Guinesss went down well too!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank Brenmeryl
Glasgow
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2011

We eat here every time we are on Bute and have never had a bad meal yet - so much so we've asked them to cater for our wedding!

The specials board is always enticing and has plenty of options for everyone. They also use local ingredients wherever possible, and are passionate about the food they produce.

Don't miss out! It's most definitely worth the extra few minutes drive!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
#1 of 1 in Colintraive
Boat House
Boat House
#1 of 19 in Rothesay

Been to The Kingarth Hotel? Share your experiences!