“Stunning flat,perfect location”
other travelers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Margaret...
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Stunning flat,perfect location”
Reviewed January 17, 2018 for a stay in January 2018

Amazing place to stay,far exceeded expectations,it is furnished with high quality,beautiful pieces, it has a lovely atmosphere in it,and is warm and cosy, in January a huge bonus,it even had an electric blanket, a first,my mum.was over the moon. It really lacks nothing in my opinion,theres wifi( may seem odd to mention but few properties in area have it), all appliances etc easy to operate,its just fabulous in every way and Ruth was both easy to contact and friendly,thanks for a great stay,in your gorgeous home

Karyn L
“Home from home”
Reviewed January 10, 2018 for a stay in January 2018

Thoroughly enjoyed our stay at 12 St Blanes. Lovely flat with plenty of space and good supplies of home comforts which made us feel welcome. Also lovely and warm which was great given the very chilly outside temperature. Would definitely plan another visit later in the year.

Jan 11, 2018
Thank you very much. Would be delighted to welcome you back. Ruth
Alistair...
“Perfect home from home”
Reviewed October 24, 2017 for a stay in October 2017

Just back from a lovely break in this home from home in Kilchattan bay. The accommodation on offer was perfect for my wife and I. We loved having breakfast at the bay window and watching the wildlife in the morning, even managed to see a seal that popped up to say hello. There is plenty of entertainment, DVDs, CDs and games, as well as free view TV, when not out enjoying the sights and sounds of Bute. If you enjoy walking then there are a number of walks with varying degrees of difficulty that can be done, the details of these can be found on information boards at the pier just along from the accommodation. We hope to return for a longer visit in the new year and would be happy to recommend this property to family and friends. Thanks Ruth for letting us borrow your Kilchattan bay home for a short spell and we will be in touch about a return visit.

Oct 26, 2017
Lovely review thank you. Glad to hear that although short you still enjoyed the flat and surroundings. You are most welcome and thank you for leaving so clean and tidy.
Barbara B
“Spacious flat in gorgeous bay location.”
Reviewed October 11, 2017 for a stay in October 2017

My family live on the Isle of Bute and I needed to rent a holiday let to visit them. Needed something to suit 3 adults, one of which has walking difficulties and uses a mobility scooter. Needed 3 separate beds, parking for the car & easy access. This was the only suitable one I could find..The flat was larger than expected with a long L shaped corridor and 2 bathrooms. Electric heaters all around the flat kept us warm and cosy. Comfy sofas and dining table with sea views!!! Kitchen well equipped but very tiny, with high wall cupboards. We didn't cook. Would have used microwave oven but couldn't find microwavable jug, bowl etc. Kitchen cupboards were full of stuff as well as the dresser in the lounge having all the crockery. This meant that there was no free space to put our dry food/tins/packets of cereal etc. so left in our bags in passageway. Plenty of entertainment etc. for visitors to use but it feels as if you are staying in somebody's home rather than renting holiday accommodation. Lots of surplus stuff everywhere and little space for visitors belongings. Lots of scented candles & air fresheners around which irritated allergies. We did enjoy our stay very much and hope to return to this flat many times in the future as it fulfils our needs in most respects and the location is perfect.

Oct 22, 2017
Hi Barbara, sorry to hear there were some things that didn't suit you. Space is an issue in the kitchen but I am planning some work over the winter to add space in there- and the microwave is a recently requested addition so haven't had time yet to get more suitable jugs etc although there are plenty of items that would happily go in the microwave. I leave one cupboard empty but all of the 'stuff' in the cupboards is there for guests use if they wish. Most of my guests seem to like the fact that the flat is homely rather than not, but I understand your comment and it is my home for a large part of the year!!
If I had know about allergies etc I would have cleared away any of the candles/air fresheners etc. but I would need that information when you book. All comments and suggestions will be taken on board, thank you
Ruth
Reviewed September 1, 2017 for a stay in August 2017

Sep 3, 2017
That's great thank you for lovely review. Glad you enjoyed it. Hope to welcome you back sometime.
John E
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Excellent Flat”
Reviewed August 24, 2017 for a stay in August 2017

We found the flat to be extremely comfortable with all the necessary items required for a full stay with the exception of a washing machine. There are fittings for a washing machine in the en-suite bathroom so I am assuming that there would normally be a washing machine there otherwise the accommodation was spot on!
The views are stunning and there were dog friendly walks immediately available. There were also some personal touches such as nibbles on the table on arrival, umbrellas in a stand in the hallway and fresh flowers in the main lounge. I would not hesitate to return here and would certainly recommend it to others.

Aug 26, 2017
Hi John thanks for the great review. Unfortunately although there is plumbing in the bathroom for a washer I've been advised it would not be legal or safe to fit one on there in the current configuration. Obviously my customer's safety is paramount. It is clear from the description of the flat that there's no washing machine and I hope most people notice this. I am still trying to figure out a way to get a machine in! Ruth
Reviewed August 16, 2017 for a stay in August 2017
person found this review helpful

Aug 18, 2017
Thanks so much Janette glad you enjoyed it.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing