Review Highlights
A nice tourist attraction

I have always been a fan of these toilets as they are really nice and takes me back 100 years to my... read more

Reviewed 3 days ago
ToroddF1
Toilets

Lovely and clean great to to see originality is still there,, adding more Beuty to the harbour... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
727treehugger
Glasgow, United Kingdom
via mobile

All reviews worth a visit blast from the past knew how ferry terminal step back in time penny gents ladies attendant pee urinal victorian loo tiles ounce plumbing marble
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Went to these this morning as the ones by the park run are closed until 9am. As I walked in it smelt like a tattoo studio it was so clean. I would go as far as I’d eat my supper out of one of the urinals it was that sparkly clean. Would defiantly visit again!!

Date of experience: November 2018
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Very unusual place to visit but this Victorian toilet shows how quality workmanship and material last, as a retired plumber is was wort the 40p entry fee, compared to todays toilets (those that are left open) are exquisit

Date of experience: November 2018
Reviewed October 19, 2018

Only the men's toilet is Victorian. I was too polite to walk into the men's toilet. A lady must have seen the disappointment in my face looking a bit lost in the ladies, she told me it's the men's toilets I ought to be in and was told to shout in case there was anyone using it. It's well worth a visit. Very ornate. My husband thought the cisterns looked good enough to keep goldfishes in! (glass panels)

Date of experience: October 2018
Reviewed October 17, 2018 via mobile

We came for pride and heard about these and thought let’s have a nosey! It’s like walking back in time and worth spending a penny or two

Date of experience: June 2018
Reviewed September 30, 2018

Right on the pier as you leave the ferry, the Victorian toilets are housed in a quite unpretentious looking building. For an admission price of 40 pence one can marvel at the blue and white magnificence of the gents’ toilet -you also receive a leaflet describing the history of the place.
Unfortunately, the ladies toilet is quite modern - it would seem that the Victorians did not give the same degree of importance to the ladies’ requirements.
If things are quiet, and you ask nicely, the ladies might be permitted a quick peek inside the gents.

Date of experience: September 2018