“Wonderful Stay”
Review of The Victoria Hotel

The Victoria Hotel
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Rothesay
Reviewed January 8, 2014

My wife and I stayed at the hotel for 2 nights from 21st to 23rd December 2013. The occasion was a family wedding at the Rothesay castle on Sunday 22nd. The wedding breakfast was then held in the hotel. We were made very welcome by the staff and nothing was too much trouble for them. From the time we arrived until the time we left I have nothing but praise for the hotel and staff. The room we had was at the front of the hotel overlooking the summer gardens and sea front. The room was large, clean and comfortable. Generally the food was excellent but the breakfasts are worth a special mention as they were exceptional. We would not hesitate to stay at the hotel again in the future.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
figaro15, Manager at The Victoria Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2014

Thank you for your review.
The staff do really try hard to please and it's a great boost when they get a response like this.
We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed January 6, 2014

My wife and I have just returned from a four day break at the Victoria Hotel in Rothesay and I must say what a great time we had. From the moment we arrived the staff could not do enough for us, we had a lovely room that came with every thing including fresh fruit and all sorts of drinks ( tea, coffee, chocolate etc. ) and biscuits. We also had a superb sea view.
The food at meal times was great, my only problem was I think I gained weight but that was down to me not being able to say no.
Thanks to all the staff and keep up the good work.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 5, 2013

stayed for three nights, basic bedroom sea view lovely, , clean bed and bathroom tidied every day, great tray with tea , coffee hot chocolate , and bottles of water thankfully it was winter so didnt need a fridge as theres none in room but overal room spotless. breakfast amazing, but only to half nine which was early for us but did manage to get up each morning for the best meal of the day. table service , tablecloths and lovely selection of jam, toast ect with the most helpful and attentive staff, the yummiest fry up and other great choices all served from an immaculate table with a view to die for , overall well worth the money, did have one evening meal here bit pricey but delicious steak. but did hear from people in rothesay that the glenburn was great for the money but if you want spoiled on holiday the victoria gets my vote anyday.

Room Tip: no lift so 2nd floor enough and sea view preferable
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 27, 2013

My husband and I spent the night at the Victoria. The room was well equipped and resonably furnished. There was a good supply of tea, coffee etc. and the nice touches of fruit and chocolate. I would have preferred a duvet to blankets, but this is just personal choice. The food is the resturaunt was described by my husband as "exceptional". We both thoroughly enjoyed our meal with was beautifully presented, well served and cooked perfectly. The breakfast was also of a good standard and provided us with a good start to the day. All the staff we encountered were friendly and helpful. A good value stay and somewhere we will return to in the future.

Room Tip: If you are visiting ask if it is possible to have a sea view (we got the the view of the run down bu...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 22, 2013

I stayed here recently for work and was really nicely surprised with everything!

I had a lovely modern double bed room. 2 bottles of water and a welcome fruit bowl. There was a good selection of hot drinks as well.

The bed was very comfortable, with the option of extra bedding and pillows if needed. A huge bath with over bath shower, and hot water when needed! In the bathroom a good selection of toiletries were available, which was handy as I forgot a few things!

There are two options for dinner, formal dining in the upstairs area or more relaxed in the bar area downstairs. Due to work I only ate in the formal dining area, and the food was fabulous! A great menu on offer in the evening and deals on both 2 and 3 course options.

By far the best asset to the hotel though are the staff! They really were all very friendly, welcoming and eager to help make your stay as comfortable as possible.

I would happily return to stay here again as the only downside I can give to the hotel would be the noise from the main street outside. There are a few pubs close by which produced quite a bit of noise up until closing time, however this is outwith the hotels control and wouldn't put me off recommending a stay here.

Room Tip: Possibly ask for a room away from road, if noise is an issue, but you will miss out on the view
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 12, 2013

The staff here are credit to the hotel industry - the big guys should take a leaf out of their book.
From the reception staff to the housekeeping staff nothing was too much bother for them.
Dinner and breakfast were exceptional once again - I can't recommend highly enough.
11 out of 10

Room Tip: See views are spectacular
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 23, 2013

The hotel lies pretty much right near to the ocean and for some rooms, there must be some really nice views. Yet we stayed and looked at a backyard. The hotel is a little out-dated, the rooms are clean and the bathrooms quite nice. But the rooms definetly needed some insulation against noice, since you can hear everything, and the party next door. Other thing is...what happened to just using sheets as a duvet - in Scotland...
Otherwise, the breakfast was really good.
So all in all, nothing super, nothing bad.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rothesay
The Glenburn Hotel Ltd
#1 of 1 in Lamlash
Boat House
Boat House
#2 of 18 in Rothesay

Been to The Victoria Hotel? Share your experiences!