“Great B&B”

Ranked #2 of 18 Rothesay B&B and Inns
Wakefield, United Kingdom
“Great B&B”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

We decided to visit Bute on a whim and after a stormy ferry crossing looked for a place to stay, we turned up at the door of the Boat house, having not phoned or emailed, and received a warm welcome from Sara who showed us to a room. The room was a good size, nicely decorated and spotlessly clean with great views and ensuite facilities. Breakfast was very good and just what we needed to start the day. A great place to stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
saraboathouse, Owner at Boat House, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Thanks folks. It was really good to meet you both, and thanks for the info on restaurants. I've been Googling..... Like your style! Hope to see you back in Bute when the sun shines.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Ewell, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 19, 2012

I booked the Boathouse on the phone & was a little dubious at first. As soon as I arrived I was greeted like one of the family! Shown to my room which was warm, immaculate & almost Boutique style. The bed was very comfortable & the linen of high quality. My en-suite shower room looked almost new & what a great view from my HUGE window. Then to top it all my full Scottish breakfast was cooked to perfection . Would stay again without even looking around.
I stayed in the Thistle in Glasgow the following night for twice the price & half the luxury

Room Tip: Traffic of any kind is minimal so get a front room if you can. You wont be disappointed.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Geoff M
Dunfermline, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 14, 2012

As the other half of the reviewer in "Wonderful" below, I would simply like to confirm everything that has been stated. We were treated like Royalty from start to finish, and even had the whole place to ourselves! Harry catered to our every need and even those we didn't know we had! I cannot rate The Boat House highly enough and look forward to returning on many more occasions and meeting the owners themselves, Sara and Paul.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Calais2028
Dunfermline, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 6, 2012

We booked the Boat House with a view to getting some well needed R&R and could not have been happier with our choice. There is an immediate ‘homely’ feel on entering which was re-enforced when we were greeted by Harry (unfortunately we didn’t get to meet Sara and Paul – maybe next time). We were reserved a sea view room which was beautiful. The décor, furnishing and facilities in the room is first class and the view across the bay simply stunning. The information pack in the room was very helpful and ended up going for a wonderful Indian meal just a short walk away. Afterwards we relaxed sitting at the window of the room with a glass of wine watching the lights across the bay – just perfect. Breakfast was perfectly cooked and provided more than a passing thought for vegetarians. Harry was absolutely fantastic and could not have been more helpful to the point where he made a trip to the tourist information office while we were finishing breakfast to help us with our onward journey. We can’t wait to come back.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 2soon
Dunfermline, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 6, 2012

I have stayed in many many B&B's and Hotels over the years through my business. I must say this is up there in cleanliness and friendliness with with the best of them..... I will return there to stay everytime I am on the Island. I look forward to sharing this gem with my Wife when we next get a weekend away.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank yirhivnagirraff... S
Burlington, Vermont
Reviewed October 12, 2012

We found the Boat House here on Trip Advisor and based upon the great reviews it received we decided to book. We were not let down! The Boat House is a short walk from the ferry dock and visitor information center. It's situated right on the water and if you reserve one of the front rooms you'll enjoy amazing views! The owner, Sara, is lovely and so is her family. We felt very welcome from the moment we arrived. She suggested a fantastic place for us to eat dinner, Number 29. We had such a lovely time we decided to extend our trip and stayed another night. Breakfast was delicious and the room was very comfortable and the shower was very nice. We highly recommend the Boat House! The complimentary wi fi was much appreciated too :)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Metzi A
Argyll
Reviewed October 12, 2012

I stayed one night on business. Beautiful room, wonderful views and an amazing breakfast, the Boat House Special was delicious. I felt very welcome. I wouldn't hesitate to stay again and would recommend it highly.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank AnnCScott
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rothesay
The Glenburn Hotel Ltd
#1 of 2 in Tighnabruaich
St. Ebba B & B
St. Ebba B & B
#3 of 18 in Rothesay

Been to Boat House? Share your experiences!