“Glad I found this lovely wee place”
Review of Harry Haw's

Harry Haw's
Ranked #1 of 36 Restaurants in Rothesay
Cuisines: European, British, Scottish
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Glad I found this lovely wee place”
Reviewed August 22, 2014

I visit rothesay a lot as my gran has a holiday home here. I visited harry haws twice this week on my own. 1st visit I had lasagne. Sauce a wee bit sweater than what I'm used to but was lovely. Bread was lovely and there was plenty of sauce to dip it into as lasagne wasn't dry. I would make sure you do this as the bread is quite hard. It's lovely and fresh just the type of bread when toasted might damage a tooth. I then had a scone jam and cream which was lovely. Next visit I had the meatball hoagie and skin on chips this was amazing especially the chips and homemade coleslaw. The portion was massive I couldn't finish. Overall food amazing, staff lovely and nice clean wee place. I have already told all my family who visit here regularly to go.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Amazing! A must for visitors in Rothesay!”
Reviewed August 20, 2014

We popped in for lunch today after walking past and noticing that the interior looked very pleasant from the outside (in comparison to a lot of cafe's in Rothesday which are looking very dated and tired..) It was busy when we arrived but we were seated quickly by friendly and efficient staff - despite not making a reservation. The menu is varied, with lots of tempting options and twists on classic dishes. In the end we all ordered soup - 3 soups of the day and one cullen skink - all extremely tasty, fresh and warming. The soup was probably the best leek and potato soup I've ever had. The portions were just right and the bread with the soup tasted freshly baked. Completely unexpected! Very pleasantly surprised, we'll definitely be back.

“new addittion”
Reviewed August 19, 2014

tried this place for the first time and was well impressed, service and food was excellent, they have tried exceptionally hard to give Rothesay a restaurant that is as good as the mainland and I would say they have succeeded, beautifully furnished and modern with good food at affordable prices, not to mention a very helpful and friendly staff, back on the island for the highland games and booked in for a meal on Friday
Cant say much more than that

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank chryston186534
SCOTLAND
“Fab !”
Reviewed August 17, 2014 via mobile

Came here with friends to celebrate a birthday and we weren't disappointed. Great cosy atmosphere . Food was fabulous and plenty of it . Cocktails were great and staff were exceptionally attentive. Will definitely be back !

1 Thank BERKLEYGIRLScotland
Dumbarton
“Pleasantly Surprised - Lovely Lunch”
Reviewed August 14, 2014

Had a lovely lunch in Harry Haw's - just happened to park right outside, opposite the ruin of Rothesay Castle. Soup and Sandwich were delicious - lovely thick fresh bread - would highly recommend. Very clean and staff very pleasant. Reasonably priced.

1 Thank Linda K