“A B&B with stunning views”
Review of St. Ebba B & B

St. Ebba B & B
Ranked #2 of 17 Rothesay B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Stayed one night, could easily have stayed more. Our room was large and airy with a stunning view. A very minor drawback was that the bathroom was across the hall but to be fair I was told at the time of booking that this was the case. The bathroom was spotlessly clean and it had the nicest smelling bath towels of anywhere I have stayed before. Breakfast was excellent as well as the service, good choice of items on the breakfast menu with a degree of customisation. A very small niggly point is that the "free view" box for the TV kept freezing but this is a very minor point and does not affect any of my ratings.

Room Tip: You must have a room facing the front.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Well_travelled_Jock

Reviewed August 8, 2013

I had taken my 90 year old Mum away for a two night break and she was desperate to see Rothesay after a 46 year absence! We booked this lovely place last minute over the phone at 5:00pm. Bedroom on first floor, Mum took her time on the staircase! Well the room was superb, huge, with a fantastic view. Food was great and Christine the owner just so kind and helpful, nothing was any hassle! Thank you for a memorable break away.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank MamabelleHarpenden
Reviewed July 30, 2013

My wife and I went to meet family on Rothesay. Wow what a place. We stayed in a beautiful room with outstanding views and the welcome we received by Christine was really special to us. The food was fantastic, and we really can't say enough about the service and how great this special place was for us. Brilliant, when we return we will definitely make this our home base to visit again in the near future. Made our 9+ hour plane ride very comforting and relaxing.

Room Tip: All rooms are great, outstanding views.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank ricker l
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Nice and comfortable accommodation in Bute at a very reasonable price even in high season. Nice breakfast and friendly hosts. Wonderful sea views from the front rooms. Definitely worth booking if you are planning to visit Bute.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank D C
Reviewed July 29, 2013

This is a spotlessly clean and very well maintained B & B. Situated on the sea front with amazing views from the dining room and lounge. We really wanted a front bedroom with sea views (don't we all) but unfortunately non available at the time of our visit. We were offered a selection of rooms and picked a room at the back of the house. Very nicely decorated, lovely large ensuite and very quiet. The bed was amazing....I have to take a pill to help me sleep when I visit hotels (don't like strange beds) however I dropped off immediately, both nights, a great comfy bed!! Kristine, the owner, was most helpful whenever we needed assistance. The breakfasts were really good, lots of choice, great cooking and presentation and lovely fresh produce and the young waitresses were most courteous and helpful. Great value for money. Do stay there, you won't regret it!!!

Room Tip: Room 4 at the back of the house has garden views, great comfy bed and large ensuite shower. Very qu...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank hennightHawick
Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 nights and can't fault it a single bit. Great location, nice 10 to 15 minute walk from the ferry terminal along the lovely shore. The owners were very welcoming and friendly and helpful. My room was spotless, very comfortable with all the necessary amenities and I had 3 excellent nights sleep aswell as enjoying relaxing on the room after days out exploring. Choice of 3 breakfasts so I had a different one each morning and all were freshly made and delicious. I didn't use the lounge room but it looked very relaxing. Views from my room were amazing and I only wish I could wake up to them every morning! Overall excellent, great value for money, friendly, relaxing and in a great location. I'll definitely be back, I think you would struggle to find a better place to stay on Bute.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank ScottishGirl009
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Just back from a lovely few days on the Isle of Bute. St Ebba B & B was an ideal choice. Welcoming, clean and comfortable and in a great spot. Lovely views across the bay, a very pleasant stroll away from Rothesay and lovely breakfasts with a great choice.

It also had the approval of my nine year old grandson.

I'm sure we'll go back again.

Room Tip: We were high in the attic overlooking the garden so not the best view but spacious and comfortable w...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family