“Excellent!!”
Review of Howards Way

Howards Way
Ranked #11 of 18 Rothesay B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 7, 2012

I hadn't booked anywhere on the island before I arrived and Howard's way was my 5th or 6th point of call!! I arrived quite early and nothing was too much trouble!! I stayed for 2 nights! The rooms were spotless and well maintained and the ensuite was to the same standard! Although I didn't have breakfast the reviews above make me wish I had!!
Howard's way is located less than 5 mins from the ferry and the town centre and the views from the rooms are beautiful!
All in all I can't fault it and would definitely make it my first point of call if I returned to the island!!!

• Stayed: March 2012
breeze126, Owner at Howards Way, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2012

thanks for taking the time to pass your comments on to trip advisor it is appreciated and we are happy you enjoyed your stay , roy & sarah howard

Reviewed February 18, 2012

My partner and I recently stayed in Howard's Way Guest House for my 21st birthday and a better time could not have been had if we had paid through the nose for a room at the Hilton. This was my first time on the Isle of Bute and I cannot wait to return to the beautiful island and the beautiful Room 7 with its's balcony!

Roy and Sarah Howard (the owners of Howard's Way Guest House) were warm, friendly and went above and beyond the call of duty, especially when my partner took not well on our first night.

The room was immaculate, the breakfast was first class and the location was ideal being just a hop, skip and a jump away from the center of town.

Thank you for a wonderful stay and for all you done for us, we will be back soon!

Karen and Danny Carr x

Room Tip: Book early if you would like to stay in Room 7 because we have already planned our return!
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple

hi Karen &Danny
sorry in the delay to reply to your fantastic review but we really do thankyou for the time and effort you went to and that we see you soon and that you had a great 21st .
thanks both Roy & Sarah <40> howard

Reviewed November 7, 2011

Happy to report that I couldn't have wished for more, our room was lovely (room7) beautiful view although was very foggy on the day that we were leaving but couldn't fault the guest house for that it is November!! The owners were very helpful, welcoming and what a fab breakfast. Would have liked to have stayed another night but work was calling, next time will make sure it is a longer stay and definately would ask for room 7 again although if that wasn't available I would take any room as what a lovely house.

Room Tip: I only saw Room 1 and 7 they were both very nice and comfortable Room 7 is by far the best.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
breeze126, Owner at Howards Way, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2011

Hi Rita thanks for your review it's always nice when guests take the time and effort to put a comment on trip advisor,it keeps you trying to improve on your last review.once again thankyou

Reviewed August 5, 2011

Lovely and Clean,1st Class rooms and service.Great breakfast.Very high standards.

We will return in the future,thanks for a lovely stay.

irene and malcolm from edinburgh

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Murcia23w
breeze126, Owner at Howards Way, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2011

thank you so much for your review we are glad you enjoyed your stay. roy & sarah

Reviewed July 19, 2011

Having found the Guest House online we are happy to report that we loved our stay here. The service was excellent, rooms beautiful and the breakfast was just what the doctor ordered. We would recommend this accomodation to anybody visiting the island and looking for a central location. My wife and I will certainly be back!!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JohnGlasgow46

thanks guys for taking the time to review us.we are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. roy & sarah

Reviewed July 12, 2011

We had a lovely stay at Howards Way and will definitely be returning next year! Very clean and comfortable and service was excellent. Very friendly owner who made us feel very welcome.

Room Tip: Ask for the newly refurbished room at the front of the guest house with the balcony and decking
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sunshine12325
Reviewed June 19, 2011

Just back from a lovely weekend in Rothesay ( 17th/19th June ) and we stayed in The Howards way B&B, loved how close this was to the ferry terminal ( 3 min walk ) and the views from the front of the B&B were amazing, the rooms were very clean apon arrival and in the morning we woke up to a lovely breakfast, this B&B is great value for money and we would be staying here again for sure when we go back in the near future, really nice couple that run it as well.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family