“A good find!”

Description: Cafe, Tearoom, Bistro, Restaurant
Perth, Scotland
“A good find!”
Reviewed April 7, 2014

We had a light lunch and hot drinks. The chicken broth was lovely and hearty and the sandwiches were good too (perhaps a bit less butter)? Hot drinks were good value and the wee one loved her giant hot chocolate!

Keep up the hard work.

• Visited April 2014
Patrick J, Owner at The Pier at Craigmore, responded to this review, April 13, 2014
Thank you very much and see you again.

Perth, United Kingdom
“New Owner”
Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

Visited on a wet Saturday afternoon in March. Great tasting coffee and HUGE fruit scones. Very reasonable prices, and service was ok. Give the place another chance, it's ok!

1 Thank Speckymac
Thank you very much and see you again.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Utterly Devastated!”
Reviewed February 25, 2014

Bit long but please read! When my Gran was little she was taken on hols to Bute, she then took my Mother, who then took me and so on down the line it goes. I spent almost every weekend in Rothesay and all school holidays as my Dad bought a flat there. It's been a family tradition that we spend Birthdays on the Island and have lunch there. For the past few years we have been lunching at the Pier Cafe (mainly just for the view) however, on my daughters Birthday we made a special trip there as we were holidaying on the Argyle Coast.
Our experience with the waiting staff, the food and the owner/proprietor was so shocking that it has now ruined my memories of Bute!
The food was burned, table service was deplorable, scones were soggy and no where near 'cream tea' standards. The chips were frozen chips from a bag, the peas were like bullets, the fish was chewy and the batter was burned. We asked for toasted scones with cream and jam, the scones were served cold, covered in spray cream from a tin and jam dolloped on top in a big mish mash mess that had squeezed out over the plate. The staff were extremely unhelpful from the moment we walked into the establishment, we could clearly hear their conversation about visiting dentists and general gossip. However the pinnacle of this review is when we complained! I have never encountered such hostility from anyone, let alone the owner of a restaurant who I am making a justifiable complaint to! Then her staff rushed to her aid and we were verbally abused and shouted at...in front of other diners! We were so stunned by the reaction that we left the establishment in a total daze and didn't speak till we got back to our holiday house! I do not know how that woman has remained in business with an attitude to her customers like that. I cannot reiterate enough how bad it was. I actually wanted to put an advert in the Bute newspapers as she has now tarred my fondness for the island, not to mention completely ruin my daughters first Birthday celebration! I will NEVER EVER return to that place. Food absolute rubbish and way overpriced for what it is, restaurant has too many tables with limited space, the staff are completely useless and the owner should hang up her apron and let someone else have the place if it is creating such a hostile and violent emotion within her!

• Visited October 2013
7 Thank Nancy74Drew
Under new management. This is out of date.
glasgow
“Great cakes”
Reviewed October 9, 2013

It is many years since we visited before. The menu has been greatly increased tho' this time we only had cake - the meringues were delicious! Must try their meals next time!

Visited October 2013
Ajax, Canada
“Views, views, views”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Quintessential Scottish tearoom. Scones, jam and real cream. Plus a variety of coffee and tea. Other foods and cakes available. Great spot to rest and admire the amazing scenery that Rothesay has to offer.

Visited October 2013