“A lovely stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 19 Rothesay B&B and Inns
Leeds, United Kingdom
“A lovely stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2012

A very clean and comfortable room with a gorgeous view. The house is lovely with a comfortable lounge to sit in. The breakfast was very nice and plentiful. The owners were very helpful and pleasant. It was the perfect base for our 4 night break on a beautiful island.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank 56Ann

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Southport, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2012

We stayed in the Bayview Hotel for 2 nights with our daughter and husband. We were greeted on arrival by Irene ,who together with her husband own the hotel. Our room was on the top floor which was really not suitable for anyone with a mobility problem as there is no lift. We had a garden view room which was very comfortable with a huge bed! Everything in the room and bathroom was clean and comfortable. Only quibble was we had blankets rather than a duvet.( A personal choice )

Our daughter and husband had a sea facing 4 poster bedroom. What a view. The sunset was spectacular. Breakfast lovely. All in all a good break away! We will return!!!

Room Tip: Chose 1st floor rooms if you have a mobility problem.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Imelda M
Scotland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2012

My husband and I have just returned from a 2 night stay at the Bayview Hotel.We had a very comfortable stay in the 4 poster bedroom with lovely views over the bay.The breakfast and evening meals were excellent.We would highly recommend this hotel for a relaxing,quiet stay in a traditional victorian home.A visit to Mount Stuart is a must!

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank gogs1
Redditch, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2012

A really excellent hotel a short walk away from the Ferry Terminal in Rothesay. It was perfect for getting into Rothesay and accessing the rest of Bute. The room was perfect - very well appointed, clean and welcoming (as was the Hotel itself). The view across the Bay was perfect and the breakfast was excellent. Unfortunately, no evening meals were available, but the hotel owner reccommended the "Waterfront", which proved to be exceptional. We will definately return to the Isle of Bute, which is wonderful and we will certainly return to the Bayview Hotel.

Room Tip: Choose a Sea View
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Nigel M
Ilchester
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2012

My welcome was lovely. My room was an original Victorian size including it's plaster work on the ceiling. It was furnished to a high standard. On cooler days cosy warm with the central heating on.The walls were thick so I was undisturbed apart from the view. The view did disturb me!!! As a keen photographer I couldn't keep my eyes off it. You can lie in bed, watch the sun go down behind the hills, watch the boats come into the bay and hear the waves on the shore with the call of the oyster catchers.
The bathroom was great and every morning I had a breakfast cooked to perfection with a view of the sea. I stayed by myself and didn't once feeling uncomfortable. My hosts always had time to chat and advice on where to go and what to see. I shall be back. Wonderful. Diane. Somerset

Room Tip: Massive windows with sea views.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Diane H
Sutton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2012

I have stayed at the Bayview Hotel with Andrew and Irene for three successive years and their advert of "Come as a stranger, leave as a friend" has truly come to pass. My room has always been clean amd comfortable - redecorated this year plus new beds.Last year, I broke my arm badly and had to stay an extra week. Irene's help and care during this time was "over and above above the call of duty".
I thoroughly reccommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Front facing rooms have a seaview.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Gill R
Glasgow
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2012

I have been coming to this hotel now for 6 years. Me, my daughter (5) and mum and dad stay at least once a year for a nice relaxing break. Irene and Andrew who own it are extremley friendly and go out there way to help you. The rooms are clean and spacious and breakfast is amazing. One of my highlights of my stays in Rothesay. My daughter loves Rothesay for the putting and the walks but loves the hotel more and always tells everyone where she stays. I cannot reccomend this hotel highly enough. Can't wait to go back in the summer.

Room Tip: Rooms up the top are ideal if you want to be close to others in your party i.e. my daughter running...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank shonmct
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rothesay
The Glenburn Hotel Ltd
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,044 reviews
St. Ebba B & B
St. Ebba B & B
#3 of 19 in Rothesay

Been to The Bayview Hotel? Share your experiences!