“Gorgeous house, fab views, friendly hosts & yummy...”
other traveler has booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
We have amazing views from the deck.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

French first
German first
Any
ChloeMcA
“Gorgeous house, fab views, friendly hosts & yummy bread!”
Reviewed March 5, 2013 for a stay in February 2013

This is our 2nd visit to Munro's and it didn't disappoint. We booked a 5pm Bread & Breakfast deal for 2 nights which included a Beginner's bread making class which my husband attended.

Joan & Andy are wonderful hosts - they clearly love what they do and it shows.

We stayed in Room 6 - a ground floor, wheelchair friendly room with a lovely big bay window over looking the bay. Great comfy bed, nice big wet room and very clean. Hair dryer, decent TV, free wifi and nice teas/ coffees are a plus.

Breakfast is made to order so very fresh and tasty. Great porridge, homemade jams and bread as well as traditional cooked breakie. Very tasty eggs from the big chickens in the back garden.

The bread making class went down well with my husband and other guests. He made a tasty soda bread, focaccia and wholemeal bloomer. Class is suitable for beginners and although my husband has done a bit of bread making he still picked up some tips & enjoyed it.

Bute is a beautiful island and Munro's is well placed for exploring the coast, walking trails and local restaurants.

Wouldn't stay anywhere else on the island now.

YChampion
Argyll, Scotland
“gorgeous stay”
Reviewed February 28, 2013 for a stay in February 2013

...what a wonderful weekend, a delight to share a breadmaking course with my husband and 4 others. It was so much fun with a gorgeous lunch as part of it as well. Joan was a wonderful gentle guide into our baking forays; her and Andy were constantly warm and chatty and welcoming- not only to us but also our dog Gracie who was allowed to sniffle around in their capacious garden! We had a fun saturday night eating that days homemade pizza in their lovely guest lounge, and the room was AMAZING - big sea views, big bed, big shower room - gorgeous (we had the ground floor one)! Bute beaches were wonderful for dog walking too - thanks Joan and Andy for our wonderful intro to Bute - such a treat and delight! warmest regards ylva & kevin & gracie la chienne!

Simpson55...
“The perfect break away from the city.”
Reviewed February 27, 2013 for a stay in January 2013

Me and my boyfriend stayed at this B and B over a month ago. We stayed for two nights and joined the bread making course. Well what can I say....an Amazing weekend!!! we got a warm welcome in this beautiful hideaway, the place has the perfect balance between modern and vintage character! The rooms were comfortable, clean and very stylish- much more like a boutique hotel! My favourite part of it was the warm fire, shelves full of books and the big comfy couches in the lounge area!!

The bread baking course was such good fun and very informative... And at lunch everyone sat together and had some very tasty home made soup and bread! The bread we all made was fantastic!! the course was so inspiring that since then I have not bought bread from the shops- using the recipe I got from the course i am making my own bread each week!

I have since recommended this place to all good friends and family members.

Ps take their advice on restaurants- again we were not disappointed!!

LeslieofG...
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“A Wonderful Escape to Ardbeg”
Reviewed February 21, 2013 for a stay in February 2013

My wife and I have just enjoyed two wonderful days staying at this superb guesthouse where the friendly greeting from Andy and Joan set the tone of our stay. We were able to relax in a truly fine appointed room with stunning views of Rothesay Bay and beyond; whilst the breakfast in the spacious conservatory was so tasty and well presented - with the freshest of new laid eggs from their free ranging hens. The bread making course was so informal and pure fun, that confidence levels quickly rose as did the dough and it was an educational and rewarding experience. Andy & Joan are a fountain of local knowledge for eating out, pubs to visit or Bute points of interest and a return visit to Munro's is a certainty. Highly recommended.

HJWilson
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“If you love somebody....”
Reviewed February 10, 2013 for a stay in February 2013

.........give them with a surprise and stay, or better still enrol on the bread making course, with Andy and Joan. My wife gave me a present of a family stay and bread making course at Munro's for my birthday. (Me, my wife and our 13 year old son). Our return is not a question of "when" and more a question of "how often". Quite apart from the fantastic accommodation, breakfast and the bread course, Andy and Joan know the island intimately and their advice helped us Bute "newbies" to make really the most of our stay.

Traveling group: Family
Chellebef...
“Another wonderful stay”
Reviewed February 9, 2013 for a stay in February 2013
person found this review helpful

This is the 3rd time I have stayed and once again we had a very warm welcome. Lovely hot drink offered on arrival, tasty breakfast especially the homemade bread. Nothing is too much trouble for Joan and Andy, very hospitable and accommodating. The views from front rooms and breakfast room are wonderful. Would highly recommend a stay to anyone visiting Bute overnight.

Denise196...
Glasgow
“Munro's B & B Rothesay”
Reviewed February 4, 2013 for a stay in February 2013

Smashing time in Bute. Had a lovely stay in Munro's. Joan & Andy are great hosts. We stayed for the bread making course which was great fun. We would highly recommend to anyone else. Room was bright,clean with a lovely view. Breakfast is made to order,warm and freshly made really lovely.

Traveling group: Couples
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing