“Relaxing break with stunning views”
other traveler has booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
We have amazing views from the deck.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

German first
Any
R0nmar
Scotland, United Kingdom
“Relaxing break with stunning views”
Reviewed September 6, 2011 for a stay in September 2011
people found this review helpful

I have just returned from a 2 night stay with my husband, elderly parents and elderly aunt. We were all made very welcome in a very relaxing b&b. We had rooms 2,3 and 6 all with sea views and all very comfortable. The breakfast was superb with a great choice and the bonus of a sea view from the breakfast room too! The owners are very friendly and helpful. We had a 5pm deal so great value and would not hesitate to return in the future. All in all a very pleasant stay.

Traveling group: Family
Scott S
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Top Class B&B”
Reviewed August 27, 2011 for a stay in August 2011
person found this review helpful

This is a very classy place with very well appointed rooms and well deserving of all the previous positive feedback. Joan and Andy are excellent hosts, very friendly and most helpful with tips and advice about where to go on the island. Strongly recommend a visit to Munros if you want to stay on Bute.

Traveling group: Friends
Management Response
Aug 28, 2011
Hi,
Thanks for the review. We think it's essential to act as informal tour guides for the island. It's so much easier for our guests if we can point them to good restaurants and local events especially if they are only on the island fr a few days.
See you again soon
Andy & Joan
lesley160...
Dunfermline, United Kingdom
“brilliant b&b”
Reviewed August 21, 2011 for a stay in August 2011
person found this review helpful

we stayed at the munro's for the highland games.i came across this b&b by mistake but it was the best mistake of my life. joan and Andy were very friendly and welcoming,the room was really good quality,bright and homely the breakfast were tremendous homemade bread was the best i have tasted.the view we had over the bay was excellent will be back next year

Traveling group: Family
MarilynHo...
Hamilton, United Kingdom
“Home from Home”
Reviewed August 21, 2011 for a stay in August 2011
person found this review helpful

A first class breakfast was provided that set us up for the day. The view across the Firth of Clyde was spectacular from both our bedroom and the breakfast conservatory. A short 15-20 minute stroll takes you into Rothesay or the frequent local bus can be boarded at the bottom of the road. Mount Stuart House is a must to see as is the walk down to Scalpsie Bay. Here you can have a seat on the rocks only 25 - 30 yards away from the seal colony and watch them bask in the sun or plop in and out of the sea for food. It was so peaceful. We were given recommendations for dinner by the owners. Eat at Victoria's for 2 courses for £12.95 or the Esplanade Cafe for about the same price and other local pubs and cafes. The Book Coffee shop is also a pleasant and pleasurable eating venue for passing an hour whilst deciding what to do next. Come and go at Munro's as you please is the motto which makes for a good relaxing break.

Traveling group: Couples
Claire B
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Great Stay At Munro's”
Reviewed August 20, 2011 for a stay in August 2011
person found this review helpful

Stayed at Munro's for two nights mid-August 2011, as a getaway with a friend. We booked through a 5pm.co.uk deal at a reduced rate.

Our arrival on Bute was greeted with torrential rain and flash flooding, even in August. It was all cold and windy, so arriving by taxi at the B&B from the ferry, it was great to be greeted by the male owner and shown into the lounge with a roaring log fire.

Both our rooms were comfortable and clean. I stayed in room 6, at the rear of the house. The room was a good size with a comfortable double bed. The en suite bathroom was very clean and modern, the shower had great water pressure. A few minuses for the room:
The room is a bit stark - there are no personal touches (apart from hospitality tray) which you'd expect from a family-run B&B. No art on the walls, or anything, which made it feel a bit cold and clinical (as did the TV on the wall bracket, although not sure where else they'd have put it, to be fair).

There was no hairdryer provided in my room, or spare blanket, although there were in my friend's room. I am sure if I'd asked, I would have been provided with them quickly, but I just used my friend's.

The hospitality tray was a bit sparse - one mug provided in both rooms, although they were expecting both to be double occupancy. Possibly just an oversight.

The bedside tables were a bit flimsy - I brushed against one and it actually fell off its wall mount (though it slide straight back on!).

In the bathroom, the shower cubicle was quite small and a bit of a squeeze to move freely in it., although as I say, the water pressure was great and I really liked the shower!

Also in my bathroom, the toilet roll holder was loose and hanging off the wall a bit.

All these are minor points. I found the room to be comfortable and perfectly adequate but if I'd been paying full price, I'd probably have been a bit disappointed in the room.

The lounge provided for guests was great - really cosy and warm and we were left to just help ourselves to more logs for the fire, books and even sherry! We shared it with a friendly cat one evening.

The breakfast room was bright and airy, situated at the front looking over the hill and Rothesay bay. Breakfast itself was cracking - order the night before and it's all freshly cooked with local ingredients. Really delicious. The homemade bread to toast to your own liking was a nice touch.

Whilst we were staying there, the B&B seemed to be full to capacity, however, the only time we saw or heard other guests was at breakfast, even the ones with the tiny baby, so noise was definitely not an issue. In fact, the only noise from outside at night, with the window open, was the wind in the trees, which was really very relaxing.

Overall, I loved Munro's, but I'd probably not return if I was paying the full rate.

Traveling group: Friends
Management Response
Aug 21, 2011
Thank you for the nice review. Just to set the record straight, you were in room 4 and it has a reasonably large, original painting of a local landscape by Ian McLachlan-Scott. All our bedrooms have original artwork from the same artist. Incidentally, it's all for sale! Room 6 is on the ground floor at the front of the house and is our largest room. Sincere apologies for not having a hairdryer in your room. This has now been remedied.
10Angus
Scotland
“"Treat yourself to a special place"”
Reviewed August 15, 2011 for a stay in August 2011
people found this review helpful

Spent 3 wonderful days at Munro's. Stunning building and gardens with views simply breathtaking. Joan and Andy are the perfect hosts with an eye for detail, customer service and real quality accomodation. The breakfasts were tremendous and set us up for the day ahead. Having visited many of the Scottish Islands, Bute is certainly a very special place. The locals are warm and friendly and the scenery and beaches along with all the tourist attractions (especially a trip on the Waverley) will keep all ages occupied. Would have no hesitation in recommending Munro's and Bute as a definate "must return".

Traveling group: Couples
Your age range 50-64
Artist27
Ostersund, Sweden
“Tranquility”
Reviewed August 15, 2011 for a stay in July 2011
person found this review helpful

I was looking for a place that gave me a good rest and had a peaceful setting. When I arrived to Munro´s I was absolutely thrilled at the setting, wonderful seaviews and quiet. Inside was also really lovely and stylish. My room was tastefully done, and bathroom very nice. And small touches that just makes the whole place so perfect. As I love a full english breakfast, I can not say I was disappointed! There was plenty and fresh fruit, and a gorgeous homemade bread.
The owners Andy and Joan, just makes you feel so at home, with their friendly dogs.

Traveling group: Solo
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing