“Great Stay At Munro's”
other traveler has booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
We have amazing views from the deck.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Claire B
“Great Stay At Munro's”
Reviewed August 20, 2011 for a stay in August 2011
person found this review helpful

Stayed at Munro's for two nights mid-August 2011, as a getaway with a friend. We booked through a 5pm.co.uk deal at a reduced rate.

Our arrival on Bute was greeted with torrential rain and flash flooding, even in August. It was all cold and windy, so arriving by taxi at the B&B from the ferry, it was great to be greeted by the male owner and shown into the lounge with a roaring log fire.

Both our rooms were comfortable and clean. I stayed in room 6, at the rear of the house. The room was a good size with a comfortable double bed. The en suite bathroom was very clean and modern, the shower had great water pressure. A few minuses for the room:
The room is a bit stark - there are no personal touches (apart from hospitality tray) which you'd expect from a family-run B&B. No art on the walls, or anything, which made it feel a bit cold and clinical (as did the TV on the wall bracket, although not sure where else they'd have put it, to be fair).

There was no hairdryer provided in my room, or spare blanket, although there were in my friend's room. I am sure if I'd asked, I would have been provided with them quickly, but I just used my friend's.

The hospitality tray was a bit sparse - one mug provided in both rooms, although they were expecting both to be double occupancy. Possibly just an oversight.

The bedside tables were a bit flimsy - I brushed against one and it actually fell off its wall mount (though it slide straight back on!).

In the bathroom, the shower cubicle was quite small and a bit of a squeeze to move freely in it., although as I say, the water pressure was great and I really liked the shower!

Also in my bathroom, the toilet roll holder was loose and hanging off the wall a bit.

All these are minor points. I found the room to be comfortable and perfectly adequate but if I'd been paying full price, I'd probably have been a bit disappointed in the room.

The lounge provided for guests was great - really cosy and warm and we were left to just help ourselves to more logs for the fire, books and even sherry! We shared it with a friendly cat one evening.

The breakfast room was bright and airy, situated at the front looking over the hill and Rothesay bay. Breakfast itself was cracking - order the night before and it's all freshly cooked with local ingredients. Really delicious. The homemade bread to toast to your own liking was a nice touch.

Whilst we were staying there, the B&B seemed to be full to capacity, however, the only time we saw or heard other guests was at breakfast, even the ones with the tiny baby, so noise was definitely not an issue. In fact, the only noise from outside at night, with the window open, was the wind in the trees, which was really very relaxing.

Overall, I loved Munro's, but I'd probably not return if I was paying the full rate.

Traveling group: Friends
Management Response
Aug 21, 2011
Thank you for the nice review. Just to set the record straight, you were in room 4 and it has a reasonably large, original painting of a local landscape by Ian McLachlan-Scott. All our bedrooms have original artwork from the same artist. Incidentally, it's all for sale! Room 6 is on the ground floor at the front of the house and is our largest room. Sincere apologies for not having a hairdryer in your room. This has now been remedied.
10Angus
Scotland
“"Treat yourself to a special place"”
Reviewed August 15, 2011 for a stay in August 2011
people found this review helpful

Spent 3 wonderful days at Munro's. Stunning building and gardens with views simply breathtaking. Joan and Andy are the perfect hosts with an eye for detail, customer service and real quality accomodation. The breakfasts were tremendous and set us up for the day ahead. Having visited many of the Scottish Islands, Bute is certainly a very special place. The locals are warm and friendly and the scenery and beaches along with all the tourist attractions (especially a trip on the Waverley) will keep all ages occupied. Would have no hesitation in recommending Munro's and Bute as a definate "must return".

Traveling group: Couples
Your age range 50-64
Artist27
Ostersund, Sweden
“Tranquility”
Reviewed August 15, 2011 for a stay in July 2011
person found this review helpful

I was looking for a place that gave me a good rest and had a peaceful setting. When I arrived to Munro´s I was absolutely thrilled at the setting, wonderful seaviews and quiet. Inside was also really lovely and stylish. My room was tastefully done, and bathroom very nice. And small touches that just makes the whole place so perfect. As I love a full english breakfast, I can not say I was disappointed! There was plenty and fresh fruit, and a gorgeous homemade bread.
The owners Andy and Joan, just makes you feel so at home, with their friendly dogs.

Traveling group: Solo
TheRichen...
Oxfordshire, United Kingdom
“Very comfortable stay with lovely owners.”
Reviewed August 14, 2011 for a stay in August 2011
person found this review helpful

Had two nights at the Munroes for a wedding on Bute. Really well located, very enjoyable stay, excellent breakfasts and the owners are both delightful. I'd recommend requesting a sea view when you book as our room (5) didn't have one and that was the only disappointment. Generally though you won't go wrong if you stay here.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
les37
“So relaxing”
Reviewed August 13, 2011 for a stay in August 2011
person found this review helpful

Made very welcome from the moment we arrived. Owners couldn't do enough for you. Booked exclusively with family of 15. Had to fight with kids over who got first turn in jacuzzzi bath. Kids also loved the trampoline and the docile friendly dogs. Beautiful view,good food and most enjoyable stay.

Traveling group: Family
peter_gle...
“would definitely recommend”
Reviewed August 13, 2011 for a stay in August 2011
person found this review helpful

what a wonderful family weekend , thanks to the fabulous hospitality from Joan and Andy. Our top priority was the disabled facilities which were excellent.With views to die for, wonderful breakfasts and dinner we would definitely recommend this B & B.

Traveling group: Family
Kelly6926
“Just Fabulous”
Reviewed August 2, 2011 for a stay in July 2011
person found this review helpful

The location of the B&B is superb the view is amazing.

Our room was very clean & well presented right down to the personal finishing touches AND the most comfortable bed I've slept in.

The owners were very welcoming & made us feel at home.

Most importantly breakfast was FAB.

We will definitely be back. Would recommend Munro's to everybody.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing