Just spent an amazing Hogmanay (New Years Eve) at the Kames Hotel. We began the evening with dinner in the wonderfully candle lit restaurant and although it was packed, the food was absolutely delightful. In our party of 9 we had 2 vegetarians and a vegan with some food allergies and the owners just couldn't have been more accommodating, producing exceptional food for all. The menu was imaginative using a lot of local produce and my starter of carpaccio of venison was outstanding. There is a good wine list and our choices were enjoyed by all. After a lovely relaxing evening we welcomed in the New Year with fireworks and a traditional piper. What an amazing experience.
5 of our party stayed for 2 nights in the Kames Hotel and they are enthusiastic in their praise of a wonderful small Hotel run by people with skill and imagination.
The Kames Hotel looks out on the waters of the Kyles of Bute and is set in an area of exceptional beauty and the location combined with the welcome offered by the owners and staff makes this an exceptionally special place to visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A character hotel right by the water in one of the most scenic spots in Scotland. The perfect place to unwind and relax and take in the breathtaking views. Eat our delicious home-cooked food, sample our local ales and collection of single malts and enjoy some local banter in our lively pub. A warm and traditional welcome awaits. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz and Priceline so you can book your The Kames Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kames Hotel Tighnabruaich
- The Kames Hotel Tighnabruaich, Scotland