The Chairman of the company my father and I both work for, took my father and mother to this hotel as a special treat and at the end of their stay, they were given a discount card for a return visit.
I took advantage of this card having the same name as my father and booked my girlfriend and I into a room for a night, a few weeks later and it was fabulous.
It was a really classy hotel and the food was spectacular. The staff were also very attentive but not in the slightest bit annoying or in your face.
The room was spotlessly clean, reasonable in size and beautifully furnished but it was the food which made the trip so good. Real Scottish game type cooking. I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Scotland but it is rather expensive, which while it keeps out the 'rif-raf' it does dent your wallet.
At night we sat by the fire playing Trival Pursuit and got slowly blootered but we had a smashing time and will definately be going back, nevertheless we could easily have had a weekend in Florence or Venice for the amount we spent on this single night, albeit with the discount. Therefore value for money wise, it was excessive but you get what you pay for and this place was superb.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As you arrive the magical waterside setting will take your breath away. If you enjoy supremely fresh seafood, comfortable rooms with stunning views, great individual hospitality and an area with fabulous seascapes with an island feel your stay at The Royal an Lochan will leave nothing to be desired. We are however only 90 mins from Glasgow and on a scenic peninsula. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, LateRooms and Priceline so you can book your The Royal an Lochan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal An Lochan Hotel Tighnabruaich
- An Lochan Tighnabruaich
- An Lochan Hotel Tighnabruaich
- The Royal An Lochan Tighnabruaich, Scotland