We spent a weekend at the Royal an Lochan in September 2013. The location is magic and waking up to the view from the loch is something out of a fairy tale. The food was fantastic and the service received during dinner was what "attention to detail" is all about. Our waiter also had some excellent recommendations regarding local sights with the highlight being the secret beach that is not even maped and is only known to the local residents (must be visited).
Rooms were clean and looked after.
Would definitely recommend for couples or anyone who is seeking a couple of days of relaxation away from the city. This place is a hidden gem
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As you arrive the magical waterside setting will take your breath away. If you enjoy supremely fresh seafood, comfortable rooms with stunning views, great individual hospitality and an area with fabulous seascapes with an island feel your stay at The Royal an Lochan will leave nothing to be desired. We are however only 90 mins from Glasgow and on a scenic peninsula. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, LateRooms and Agoda so you can book your The Royal an Lochan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal An Lochan Hotel Tighnabruaich
- An Lochan Tighnabruaich
- An Lochan Hotel Tighnabruaich
- The Royal An Lochan Tighnabruaich, Scotland