A warm and charming welcome set the tone for our visit. This is a rustic hotel & looks very much just like a pub from the outisde but the restaurant is smart with lovely food both for dinner & breakfast.
The room rate was fairly eye watering but works out better as a Dinner Bed & Breakfast rate which you should specify when you book in advance as it was just an extra £45 on top of the room rate for both of us for a very delicious 3 course meal. I notified the hotel in advance that I don't eat fish or meat & enquired on arrival again to find they had several gorgeous vegetarian choices to offer me which would not have been on the standard menu.
If you are not a fan of updated Scottish traditional food (ie game/fish/meat with a light touch) I'm sure they will accommodate you very well with advance warning.
Our room was charming & comfortable with dual aspect windows overlooking the loch opposite - stunning. Don't be put off by the fact there is a small road between the hotel & loch. We barely saw 2 or 3 cars in the couple of hours we spent sitting on the roadside terrace having a few drinks from the bar.
It's maybe a 5 - 10 minute stroll to the tiny centre of Tighnabruich. Thank goodness we booked dinner at our hotel as the only restaurant in the town was closed that evening and if you eat at the hotel restaurant without prebooking the DB&B rate, it works out a lot more expensive.
This if for you if you'd like comfort & good food in a secluded village with unspoilt scenery in a very quiet corner of stunning Argyll, but at a price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As you arrive the magical waterside setting will take your breath away. If you enjoy supremely fresh seafood, comfortable rooms with stunning views, great individual hospitality and an area with fabulous seascapes with an island feel your stay at The Royal an Lochan will leave nothing to be desired. We are however only 90 mins from Glasgow and on a scenic peninsula. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your The Royal an Lochan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal An Lochan Hotel Tighnabruaich
- An Lochan Tighnabruaich
- An Lochan Hotel Tighnabruaich
- The Royal An Lochan Tighnabruaich, Scotland