OK, the weather could have been warmer and the midges could have stayed away, but our weekend in Tighnabruich was fantastic thanks to the owners, staff and kitchen at the An Lochan.
We were personally taken up to our room by the owner. We had a room on the corner of the builiding so 2 windows in the bedroom and one in the bathroom meant we had really fantastic views over and up the Kyles of Bute. Wee touches in the bedroom enhanced our stay. We enjoyed sitting in the arm chairs looking out over the loch, sipping Earl Grey tea from bone china mugs and nibbling home made shortbread. The bathroom was nicely finished in grey tiles and we were pleased to find the waffle bathrobes in the wardrobe. There are lots of public spaces with roaring fires and bookshelves of books and DVDs to borrow - yes the bedroom has a DVD player also. We were thrilled to find the restaurant has a creative chef who among many other skills catches fresh makerel off the pier and prepares them for dinner. Really good seafood on the menu along with a good range of other dishes. The desserts are superb and the wine list is very good and reasonably priced. The staff we met were all very friendly and professional and the owners enure they get to know their guests and offer a warm welcome. We certainly hope to return in the not too distant future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As you arrive the magical waterside setting will take your breath away. If you enjoy supremely fresh seafood, comfortable rooms with stunning views, great individual hospitality and an area with fabulous seascapes with an island feel your stay at The Royal an Lochan will leave nothing to be desired. We are however only 90 mins from Glasgow and on a scenic peninsula. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, LateRooms and Priceline so you can book your The Royal an Lochan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal An Lochan Hotel Tighnabruaich
- An Lochan Tighnabruaich
- An Lochan Hotel Tighnabruaich
- The Royal An Lochan Tighnabruaich, Scotland