The Taynuilt Guest House
Airdeny Chalets(Taynuilt)
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
Agoda.com
All reviewscoaching innamuse bouchethe general managersuperior roomsteakposter bedreceived a very warm welcomeeggs benedictcourse mealsourdough breadice creamhigh standardamazing foodfirst classloch etivefront of housegenerous portions
Reviewed April 23, 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed here with a few others for a wedding that was taking place on Loch Awe. We needed to check in early to get ready for the wedding and when we called ahead, they were really accommodating. Our room wasn't being used the previous night, so we could get straight in, and our friends room was put at the top of their priority list for cleaning so that they could get in quickly too. By the time we arrived, all our rooms were ready and we were greeted by the manager, who has recently taken over, and was very friendly and helpful in sorting out taxis for us to get to and from the wedding venue.

When we got back late that night, we had a few night caps in the bar, and had a great chat with the manager (now serving as bar tender) whilst he showed us a few of their best whiskies!

Breakfast the next morning was great, with a full Scottish included in the price of the room. All in all, a really nice stay.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Fillingthepages
Jonnyboy316, General Manager at The Taynuilt Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2015

Reviewed April 13, 2014

We have been staying at friends' in Taynuilt for the last few days and decided to go to the hotel for our last night supper. We were greeted enthusiastically by the manager (I think) and given a lovely little table in the bar area. The hotel has undergone a major refurbishment in recent times and the bar and eating areas are very comfortable with a friendly and cosy ambience. All staff are very friendly, interesting and interested. We had a really super meal, garlic mushrooms to start which were out of this world and then local queenie scallops ( presented in shells) with buttery mash and fresh salad - heavenly- and the other main was venison medallion with pepper and whiskey sauce with chips, onion rings, toms on the vine. Superb! We didn't have room for pud but the menus said that the hotel chefs made their own ice cream and I couldn't help but notice the generous portions served to a neighbouring table that was hoping down well and looked delicious. All in all a very enjoyable meal and we will definitely be going back in our return, which I hope will be in the summer. Thankyou Taynuilt Hotel and well done on refurbishment - very impressive.

Room Tip: We just popped on for a meal
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Louisa W

Reviewed April 12, 2014

Have just stayed here for three nights. The staff were very friendly and attentive. The food was excellent. The room was very clean and comfortable. You really can't ask any more than that. I hope I have the chance to stay here again. Thank you for a great stay Taynuilt hotel.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank heatherad_69

Reviewed March 27, 2014

We have stayed in this hotel several times over the years, as my parents live in Taynuilt. Our latest stay is since the new owner has taken over.

Firstly, we were greeted promptly by a friendly lady who showed the 4 of us to our room. (2ad + 2kids aged 2 and 6). The room was freshly decorated to a high standard, very spacious, and the beds were absolutely so comfortable, the best I have slept in bar none, and I have travelled a lot.

On my way down to the lounge about 7pm a different member of staff asked me to sign a form. Explaining that the woman who checked us in forgot to get me to sign it. It stated that within an hour of checking in, I should report anything that was not in working order, and that if I did not do so and they found something not to be working when I left, by signing the form, it would give them permission to charge my credit card.

If I had been asked to sign the form upon checking in, and if my kids were not already in their pj's, I would have cancelled my stay immediately. Plenty of well established b&b's and hotels manage not to dole out such rude forms. For all the times that you are going to get someone trashing a hotel room, it is really worth alienating the good potential return customers? Furthermore, I am sure the owner can charge a credit card for damage without having to have a further form signed. Anyway I signed the form under duress and was seething for a while afterwards.

Dinner started at 6pm and there was no children's menu, so we ate in Oban. We visited the bar, where there was a musician and singer, he was great, it was good and lively and the log fire was roaring. No problem getting served in good time.

Breakfast the next day was very high quality and tasty. Extremely delicious veggie breakfast, with some sort of mushroom and potato stew on the side. Sounds odd but it was delicious!

We had a good stay, but that form, I just don't agree with it!

Room Tip: Room 11 is 2 floors up, so no noise from the bar.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank mclora

Reviewed March 5, 2014

Staying in Taynuilt for a week and this is my adopted local. From day 1 the bar staff have been really friendly and we joined in quiz night on Monday and couldn't have been made to felt more welcome, unless they had of had some Yorkshire questions :-)
The food is excellent, well presented, staff are attentive and could not do enough to help. I could not have felt more comfortable if I had been on my sofa at home.
Just perfect, thank you.