Kilcamb Lodge Hotel & Restaurant
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Holly Tree Hotel(Kentallen)
  • Breakfast included
$343
$319
Agoda.com
Loch Leven Hotel(North Ballachulish)
$219
No availability for your dates from our partners
Ballachulish Hotel(Ballachulish)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsloch sunartdrawing roomardnamurchan peninsulatasting menuthis wonderful hotelromantic getawayportion sizessmall hotelcountry housepublic roomslangoustinessea bassvenisonbeautiful locationhomemade shortbreadthree nightswonderful stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We have just returned from a wonderful 2 night stay at this beautiful hotel. The location is stunning with amazing views across the loch and acres of well kept gardens and grounds. The lodge is exactly what one would expect from a gentlemen's residence with a very comfortable drawing room and lounge. The restaurant is delightful and the food excellent - although I regret to admit I struggled to complete the 5 course meal which along with canapes, amuse bouche and a complimentary soup course was a real challenge. However, my husband had no difficuly and rose to the challenge without any problem! The service is exemplary, quiet, understated and efficient. Steve, the general manager, always seemed to be on hand ably assisted by his professional team. Our room had a beautiful view, a very comfortable,large bed and a balcony with table and chairs. As we were blessed with glorious weather this was a real bonus. Particularly as I returned to the hotel in the afternoon to watch the Wimbledon final - I was able to watch television from the balcony with a delicious caesar salad and glass of chilled wine from room service! Another bonus was that we were able to take our dog with us and although he was not allowed in the public rooms, quite understandably, we were able to leave him in the room during dinner. There was a handy exit into the garden to take him out without having to go through the main areas of the hotel. We went to relax after a very busy period for us and we left feeling really 'chilled out'. We have no hesitation in recommending this hotel to anyone looking for a quiet get away in beautiful surroundings with superb food and every comfort. We hope to return.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
foxs, Owner at Kilcamb Lodge Hotel & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

Thank you for your kind review of your recent visit to Kilcamb Lodge.
We are delighted to hear how much you enjoyed every aspect of your stay and it was so nice to hear of your pleasurable Wimbledon experience - with an excellent result as well!!
We look forward to welcoming you back and thank you again for taking the time to write a review.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

We have just left a truly magical spot. This hotel is charming. From the wonderfully warm welcome, with a pretty pot of tea and delicious homemade shortbread, to the comfortable and well appointed room, and the fantastic food, we were enchanted. Lovely bedlinen meant a great night's sleep. The food at both dinner and breakfast was exceptional. Unlike the previous comment, I found the scrambled eggs with the smoked salmon perfect. All the staff are clearly well trained and very attentive, without being intrusive. We wil definitely return and highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Top floor suite is spacious, with a lovely sitting area, has stunning loch views
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Kilcambfoxs, Owner at Kilcamb Lodge Hotel & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2013

Thank you for your kind comments regarding your recent stay at Kilcamb Lodge.
I am pleased you enjoyed your evening meal and breakfast; comment noted with thanks.

We shall look forward to welcoming you back to Kilcamb Lodge and hope it will not be too long before we see you again.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

What a beautiful, peaceful location with a friendly and attentive staff. The bistro and front lounge have been updated, but the reading room could use a facelift (couches were very worn and dusty).

My rating is low because I too believe the food could have been better seasoned and prepared given the multi-course, dress-code required atmosphere. The lamb for dinner was the most delicious thing I ate (truly yummy), but sadly, only a small portion was provided. Fried eggs at breakfast were overcooked and the scottish salmon tightly wrapped ontop of scrambled eggs unfortunately overcooked both the salmon and the eggs. Overall I give the chef an A for effort for presentation and creativity, but the delivery was not there.

Also, I would recommend being upfront with guests about what is included during their stay. This is the only place I have stayed in the UK for 2 weeks that charged me (6 pounds!) for a pot of tea upon my arrival. As all my previous afternoon teas have been complimentary, I sadly assumed this was too. That was a bit painful to see on the bill!

8  Thank Colleen B
foxs, Owner at Kilcamb Lodge Hotel & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2013

I was surprised to receive your comments because you seemed to be so pleased with your stay at checkout when we had a long chat with me about how much you had enjoyed the hotel and the food.

Your observations seem rather out of context with our establishment. Our drawing room is neither worn or dusty, nor do we have any dress code for our restaurant. Our five course dinner consists of an amuse Bouche, starter, soup, main course, dessert and coffee with petite fours. Our chef takes care to ensure that the whole meal can be enjoyed from start to finish and portions are carefully designed with this in mind. Your lamb portion was 6 oz of prime loin and am am pleased you enjoyed it but I also appreciate that you live in America where portions are generally much larger than here in the UK. I apologise if it was insufficient for you.

I would recommend being "up front" with hoteliers if you have any cause to be dissatisfied, especially over food matters which are very easily rectified. It is impossible for us to correct any issue on Trip Advisor after the event.

We provide free tea, coffee, chocolate and herbal infusions in all our rooms together with a welcome jar of chef's home made shortbread which is replenished every day. We also provide freshly ground coffee and fresh milk or cream - all are free of charge.
I recall you carefully reading our afternoon tea menu (and prices) before ordering your afternoon tea and cakes so I think your last comment is as unfair as it is disingenuous.
Sally and David Fox

Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

What a find. Tranquil, relaxing, wonderful food what more could you ask for. Service needs a little attention, issues with language, wrong drinks brought, assured was for another table, however when scrutinising bill at home found was charged for them anyway. Overall did not spoil what is a lovely hotel and we will return

• Stayed: June 2013
Kilcambfoxs, Owner at Kilcamb Lodge Hotel & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us.
We are so sorry you were charged for the wrong drinks. We would appreciate it if you would get in touch and we can correct your bill for you straight away.

I am delighted to hear that this matter did not detract from an otherwise enjoyable stay and that you would like to return to Kilcamb Lodge in the future. We all look forward to welcoming you back.
Sally & David Fox

Reviewed June 6, 2013

We spent 3 wonderful days at Kilcamb Lodge and from the moment we arrived everything was perfect. The lochside setting is beautiful and the views stunning. Staff were all so welcoming and service was first class. Cuisine was first class and each meal was a special experience. Our room was excellent with great facilities and luxury toiletries. Public rooms were so comfortable, with stunning views from the windows - perfect for relaxing in the comfortable sofas, admiring the scenery and enjoying one of the many interesting books provided. It was a hard choice deciding whether to take a stroll in the beautiful grounds or just relax indoors! There was nothing that could have been improved and our only problem was that we didn't want to leave at the end of the 3 days. We wished that we had booked a longer stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
foxs, Owner at Kilcamb Lodge Hotel & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2013

Thank you for your lovely review of Kilcamb Lodge Hotel. We all really enjoyed reading it and it does mean such a great deal to our staff to know they have done a good job and played their part in making your holiday such a special time.
It was a great pleasure to serve you and we hope you will return very soon.
Thank you once again.