“Excellent food freshly prepared in a cosy room in the town centre”
Review of Taj Mahal Indian Restaurant - CLOSED

Taj Mahal Indian Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 14 Restaurants in Lochgilphead
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
“Excellent food freshly prepared in a cosy room in the town centre”
Reviewed November 21, 2012 via mobile

I've eaten here twice in the past month and I'm not looking for anywhere else on my next visit. Finding good quality Indian cooking with attractive presentation and attentive service, on a cold night in Argyll, is very welcome.

Dorchester, United Kingdom
“Always a very hearty and tasty meal”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Good, delicious Indian food of generous proportions and excellent value. This was our third visit and we have never been let down. Watch out for the extra large, completely yummy Nan breads.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank CaptSteveB
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Really Nice, Traditional Indian Restaurant”
Reviewed October 13, 2012

We had dinner here last night for the first time in ages. I really don't know why we haven't been eating here because the food was really nice and the portions very generous. We had poppadoms and dips to start with, and the containers that held the dips were bigger than in most restaurants and were full to the top. I then had the vegetable Balti, which was delicious. I hardly ate any of the naan thanks to the fact that there was so much of the curry!

The curries do tend to be on the mild side so my advice would be to go for a hotter curry than you normally would - I actually managed to eat the Taj's Vindaloo once, and I'm known for being a bit of a wimp.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Greyluvver
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Lovely indian food”
Reviewed August 17, 2012

Great service and food the restaurant is right on the front of the town so nice central location ..............................

Visited July 2012
1 Thank kristyl c
Penkhull
“Indian food, whats to add?”
Reviewed August 11, 2012

This was the only place open, everyone else goes to bed at 9pm. We had been out for the day and were looking forward to a pub meal, we were tuned down every where else.

Visited July 2012