“Great Stay!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lochgilphead
Kilmory Guest House
Ranked #3 of 9 Lochgilphead B&B and Inns
Vancouver, Canada
“Great Stay!”
Reviewed May 14, 2014

Travelling from Canada, we stayed two nights at the Kilmory Guest House while attending a wedding in the area and were very pleased with our stay. The bed was very comfortable, rooms very clean and hosts very friendly. Good location, very close to downtown and our room was very quiet. They were more than happy to accommodate us with our 4 month old son and even gave him a nice gift upon departure. The breakfasts were wonderful (great coffee and lots of it) and Rob was very helpful with directions etc. I would definitely recommend the Kilmory Guest House to others.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Robert B, Owner at Kilmory Guest House, responded to this review, May 16, 2014
Thank you so much for your kind words, we hope that you will come back and see us again. It was really nice meeting you all.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 28, 2014

Stayed at the Kilmory Guest House for a few days over Easter, our double room was comfortable, clean and with a great view of the loch from the window. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom very spacious. had some lovely breakfasts in the morning and the owners were more than welcoming, we really enjoyed our stay there and will definitely be back next year!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sam B
Robert B, Owner at Kilmory Guest House, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
Thank you for your review, it was really nice meeting you and your family. Please don't hesitate to contact us should you visit Lochgilphead again.
Isle of Tiree, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 17, 2014

What can I say?
Home away from home? ...............But the beds were MORE comfortable than home, the breakfasts were WAY better than at home and SO many stations on the TV.....I was looked after so well!
This is the only B&B breakfast I have ever looked forward to- so well cooked and fresh! AND plunger coffee- heaven when starting the day!

ONLY place to stay when you're in Lochgilphead......for price, rooms, beds and food (not to mention friendliness).........
Rob and Barb are great!

Sometimes I was unsure how long I was staying for and they would always try and accommodate me......then with the nightmare winter, with ferry cancellations, last minute decisions to come and just the general nightmare of travelling long distances, on public transport, they couldn't have been more understanding and helpful.

Was in a great location for the hospital - good brisk walk up a hill to burn off the over-indulgence at breakfast and some rooms are massive! You should see the bathroom in room 6! HUGE!
All the other rooms I have stayed in have been good size.
Thank you for your hospitality.
Kim

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Kim O
Robert B, Owner at Kilmory Guest House, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Thank you for your kind words, we hope that all is going well for you and should you ever need us again then please don't hesitate to call us
Sunderland, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 9, 2014

We stayed here overnight after a long ride with full panniers on route 78 from Oban via Loch Awe. On reaching Lochgilphead we rang up and were directed to the garage where the guest house lies opposite.
The owner locked our bikes up in his shed which was very re-assuring to us. We had a twin room which was large enough although my bed had a definite slope to it so I had to swap the pillows to the other side and sleep the other way around.
Our room on the top floor didn't have en-suite but 2 shared toilets and spacious bathrooms on the landing which wasn't a problem. The owner was very welcoming and even charged us a little less than the going rate (we must have looked poor by this point).
Breakfast was also good with plenty on offer.

Room Tip: The room we had overlooking the road was a little noisy. But if you're tired enough then you ma...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Robert B, Owner at Kilmory Guest House, responded to this review, May 16, 2014
Kilmarnock, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 4, 2014

Kilmory guest house
We had an overnight stay here and found the accommodation to be very clean and the owners were very friendly. We set of on our journey from here having had a delicious and hearty breakfast. Would recommend Kilmory guest house who intend to visit this area of Scotland.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Robert B, Owner at Kilmory Guest House, responded to this review, April 6, 2014
Thank you for your kind words, it was lovely meeting you and we hope that if you are in our area again you will stop off again.
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 23, 2014

I recently had to visit Lochgilphead to attend an interview. Not knowing the area at all and travelling on public transport, I needed somewhere to stay that was close to where the interview was. When I rang Kilmory Guest House the staff were extremely helpful with information given about the area. When arriving at the house I was pleased to see I didn't have to go far with my luggage once off the bus and the guest house was easy to find. I got a lovely warm welcome on my arrival and even got my luggage carried to my room which is always a bonus! The room was very nice, clean and with great views to boot. The room I was in had a view straight over the Loch and surrounding hills, I was even lucky enough to see a great sunset from the warmth of my room! Breakfast was great, especially the scrambled eggs. Yum! The service was great throughout my stay and the staff were really helpful and friendly, giving me information on the area and things to do during my stay. This area is spectacular and great for exploring. Its an excellent place to stay, extremely helpful and lovely people and great value for money. Would recommend to anyone and will definitely be staying here again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Peeps13190
Robert B, Owner at Kilmory Guest House, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Thank you for your review, it was nice meeting you. We hope your interview went well and if you should ever need us again please do not hesitate to contact us
Mildenhall, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 17, 2014

I have stayed here on 2 previous occasions and have had excellent service and quality all round. Local sites are beautiful, even in the winter time. Very friendly staff and make you feel real welcome. Found the rooms very comfortable and relaxing. Would recommend this little B&B to anybody. On my way back up there in March this year.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Robert B, Owner at Kilmory Guest House, responded to this review, February 21, 2014
Thank you for your kind words, in your review. We look forward meeting you again on your next visit
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lochgilphead
Allt-Na-Craig
#1 of 4 in Tarbert
Kirnan House B&B
Kirnan House B&B
#1 of 9 in Lochgilphead

Been to Kilmory Guest House? Share your experiences!