“Great staff and food”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Smiddy Bistro

The Smiddy Bistro
Ranked #1 of 14 Restaurants in Lochgilphead
Cuisines: British, Scottish, Soups
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
“Great staff and food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2014

Along with a few friends I recently thoroughly enjoyed lunch in The Smiddy. As a local person who had never been before after my visit I know I will return again and again. The waitresses couldn't have been more welcoming and when we were handed the menu I was pleasantly surprised with the amount of fantastic food on offer. The food itself was lovely and accompanied by an amazing helping of salad which I would go back for in itself. The atmosphere was really nice and I'm looking forward to going back. Tucked away in a wee lane in Lochgilphead lies a hidden treasure with welcoming staff, great food, fantastic value for money and one of the nicest wee places to eat and relax in miles....well worth a visit!

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Sazzyb22

Falkirk, United Kingdom
“what a lovely find”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2014

Great lunch here. Service excellent. What a treat it was to find this little restaurant which was recommended by our hosts at the Empire Lodge hotel ( another great spot by the way).

Visited June 2014
St. Albans, United Kingdom
“Healthy food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2014

my wife and I have been here before. During our stay in the area we had a meal of soup and salad which were well up to the usual standard. It is only open for food from 12 noon until 4pm so you have to plan to be there then, especially if, like us, you live in an area where just about everything is open from dawn to dusk. It is well worth including this friendly place in your plans though.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank JackBrt
Glasgow
“Refused entry due to baby!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I and our (sleeping) baby walked from nearby Cairnbaan on a chilly January afternoon, looking forward to some lunch at The Smiddy. On arrival I put my head in the door, noticed there was plenty availability and asked if we could come in. In front of the other customers we were told no because we had a pram. The waitress then asked the other waitress if this was still the case and she replied yes or maybe no then stuck her head in our pram and asked if our baby was sleeping! (He was and at this point I had no intention of setting foot in The Smiddy ever again). I can honestly say I have never experienced such bad customer service. What a cheek! May I suggest to management that you put a sign up outside that you don't welcome prams or babies in order to not offend people.

Visited January 2014
7 Thank G S
Tayport, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2014

Excellent food excellent service. Went for lunch before heading back to Fife after spending New Year at Cairnbaan.

Can only recommemd this as an excellent place for lunch with good food and great service.

• Visited January 2014